Share | 

M1 Garand Rifle VALUE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
org57

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: M1 Garand Rifle VALUE   May 12th 2016, 8:47 am

Anyone know the value of a mint condition M1 Garand, manufactured by Springfield Arms in November 1942?  No rust on any part of metal and no cracks in any of the wood. Very sooth action. Has aftermarket leather periods correct sling, and correct cleaning pouch with rods. Rifle is a 30cal. I also have a Bayonet made in 1943, by UFH (Union Fork & Hoe), also have the scabbard, I ran the serial number through a catalog and the date showed Nov, 1942. Serial #1086925. Any help appreciated, THANKS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand Rifle VALUE   May 12th 2016, 9:52 am

Hi org57,

If the numbers are matching and everything is original? That is a very expensive and 
wonderful piece to have in your collection. 

I won't hazard a guess, but maybe the Civilian Marksmanship Program guys would 
informally talk to you about it? Their rating system (on the web site) gives their 
standard evaluations for Garand quality that could help.

My Dad had one like this that was stolen many years ago. Inherited war gun, near mint, 
numbers matching (Bayonet's, too) ... It was valued at 5K. But, there are a lot of manufacturers 
and things that impact the value.

CMP holds auctions for newly found and unpacked M1 Garands- they don't even set 
a price for them anymore. i stopped watching after the last one I looked at topped 6K. 

Let us know what you find out!

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
org57

PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand Rifle VALUE   May 12th 2016, 10:30 am

will do buddy. I am currently awaiting knee replacement but will keep in touch. All the numbers do match for the date frame of the rifle. The barrel has the letter P stamped on it and the number 3-8-A-3-42 P serial #1086925 US RIFLE CAL 30 M1 SPRINGFIELD ARMORY. The bayonet has the ord ball with the letters US inside it and flames at top, and so does the scabbard. My brother paid $2100 about 5 years ago and just gave it to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand Rifle VALUE   May 12th 2016, 10:48 am

Nice gift! 

Mine is a Winchester, great shape, refurbished by CMP. Built in 1944. The numbers do not match. 
Wood is beautiful. I lack a bayonet. It is worth about 1,200-1,400 according to my sources.

Take care of yourself and take the rehab seriously. I hear that first few weeks is key.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand Rifle VALUE   May 13th 2016, 3:59 pm

I wish you the best with your replacement! It is so important to do the physical therapy. I am doing knee PT now and I am thrilled with how quickly the improvements are coming.

The Colonel is correct in all he said. There are multiple factors that go in valuation of these rifles. You might want to connect with the M1 Garand Society. If I recall, they have a check list of characteristics to help determine a value.
My M1 Garand has the original soldier's name carved in the stock.
It is a Springfield M1 Garand from 1943. I think it was used in competition. It has a glass bedded, match barrel and trigger work as well as the original trigger group and a replacement firing piston.

Ron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-53

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2014-12-09

PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand Rifle VALUE   May 13th 2016, 5:12 pm

That rifle was made about 15 miles from me ..every year they have a meet where collectors gather at the Armory..see some real nice stuff...The old Amory is a real nice Musuem...hundreds an hundreds of muskets to rifles in there...

you have a piece of history there...

good luck on your replacement...just do as they say and you will be good to go..

Al
Back to top Go down
View user profile
org57

PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand Rifle VALUE   May 14th 2016, 4:19 pm

thanks for all the replies. I will be glad when the surgery is over. I  have had the micro scopic surgery and it was no good. Now it feels like I am being hit in the knee cap with a hammer constantly. have to wait about 6 weeks before I can be scheduled for the surgery. I have been through many PT treatments already. Will be glad when over. Thanks again to all my friends here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand Rifle VALUE   

Back to top Go down

M1 Garand Rifle VALUE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: