Traditions Hawken Woodsman & Conicals - Sabots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14398
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Traditions Hawken Woodsman & Conicals - Sabots   May 31st 2016, 10:55 am

I've decided that I'll be trying both conicals and sabots in the Woodsman later today. I have some metal siding to help put up but afterward, its plastic and lead time!

It will be interesting to see how the sabots shoot in the 1:48 twist flintlock. I even have some 350gr Fed BOR Loc bullets in the box as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3704
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Hawken Woodsman & Conicals - Sabots   May 31st 2016, 11:02 am

Hope you enjoy your self and all goes well. I don't get to dirty my .58 until Saturday. I just ran a few patches down the barrel with the anti-rust and lube.
Have fun,
Ray........... :rtup

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clyde

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Hawken Woodsman & Conicals - Sabots   May 31st 2016, 3:06 pm

My CVA Plainsman loves 260 Gr PT golds and 260 gr Speer soft points the golds in the crush rib sabot and the Speer in the Hornady Black sabot but I want to try both in the Harvester short smooth sabot.

Enjoy your afternoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Hawken Woodsman & Conicals - Sabots   May 31st 2016, 11:39 pm

well shes all loaded for tomorrow. I am starting with 90gr 2fg goex, traditions yellow sabot and a 260gr harvester scorpion pt gold.

I also have some 348gr all lead powerbelts and the new 350gr BOR Loc bullets in the box as well. The BOR Loc's did not shoot very well in the 1:28 twist barrels so maybe they will like the 1:48 twist better? You never know.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Hawken Woodsman & Conicals - Sabots   June 1st 2016, 11:29 am

oh man do I have some goodies to show later tonight! Taking a break and letting the rifle cool down before I go clean the flint and frizzen, its completely white right now lol.

I've shot the PT Golds in the yellow traditions sabots, mmp sabots and just finished up with the 350gr federal bor loc bullets.

Going back to the PT Gold/mmp sabot with a max load to see if accuracy improves.
Back to top Go down
Clyde

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Hawken Woodsman & Conicals - Sabots   June 4th 2016, 3:54 am

Jon try some of the Hornady Monoflex be interesting to see if that longer bullet is stable out of a 1 in 48 twist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Hawken Woodsman & Conicals - Sabots   

Back to top Go down

Traditions Hawken Woodsman & Conicals - Sabots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: