http://hughglass.org/interview/

Haven't watched it yet myself so if its BS, let me know! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The "real" Hugh Glass story   June 9th 2016, 1:52 pm

Good interview......not sure I would agree with all the conclusions. My personal feelings was that the film deviated too much from history in big ways. However, as a historical consultant, he might be playing it safe to stay positive, in case he might be called on to do it again.....just my brief personal opinion.

My own view of the movie was that though far less accurate, Jeremiah Johnson was far more entertaining....I connected with the characters............at the end of Revenant I didn't care about the characters....didn't care that it was historically accurate as far as equipment, weapons etc etc probably won't watch it again...though I have sat through J.J. and Master and Commander many times.

and...if you're going to spend millions and go to that much effort...why not film in on location!

Maybe because DeCaprio is one of my least liked actors....so I may have been prejudiced going into it.....don't like Matt Damon either but I find most of what he does is good entertainment

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The "real" Hugh Glass story
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Media-
Jump to: