View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: GRRW Leman Indian Trade Rifle FOR SALE   September 10th 2016, 5:11 pm

@Kentucky Colonel wrote:
Quote :
Smith and Hawken went out of business in 2009. Target acquired the branding rights in 2010. 

Thanks for spooling my day,  Sad   I really liked their wares KC.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: GRRW Leman Indian Trade Rifle FOR SALE   September 10th 2016, 5:21 pm

@conner wrote:
@Kentucky Colonel wrote:
Quote :
Smith and Hawken went out of business in 2009. Target acquired the branding rights in 2010. 

Thanks for spooling my day,  Sad   I really liked their wares KC.

Yeah, I did, too. Sorry.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: GRRW Leman Indian Trade Rifle FOR SALE   September 10th 2016, 5:36 pm

Myself and several friends that build websites have been having trouble with our service provider, today was enough, we changed services.

Now the GRRW CA (Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association) will be located at:

As time allows I'll get all pictures converted to 'Photobucket' and then add pages to the new website, thanks for your time.

Back to top Go down
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9492
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: GRRW Leman Indian Trade Rifle FOR SALE   September 11th 2016, 7:27 am

Conner...........For me and others the fur trade ear along with the MM era was from 1820-1840. With 1840 being the last rendezvous. Silk had taken over beaver hats in Europe and the beavers were becoming trapped put anyway. The American Fur Co. and The Rocky MountainCo were gone by 1841.
Yes, there were some MM who continued to trap on their own, but they were few compared to the peak of the era. I know of clubs who hold BP shoots who set the limit for gear at 1840.

So, when I think of the fur trade era and the mountain man era I think of it as ending in 1840. Just my view.

As for those whining about this conversation? This is the traditional forum. These are the conversations we have here. Maybe someone learned something new by reading this thread. If you don't have any interest in this stuff....why are you reading it? Anybody interested in the gun for sale has all the info they need in the first post.

Cripes! What a bunch of busy bodies!

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: GRRW Leman Indian Trade Rifle FOR SALE   September 11th 2016, 9:55 am

Muley wrote:
As for those whining about this conversation? This is the traditional forum. These are the conversations we have here. Maybe someone learned something new by reading this thread. If you don't have any interest in this stuff....why are you reading it?

Anybody interested in the gun for sale has all the info they need in the first post.  

Amen to that old friend. See any bear? This rifle for sale would make someone a damn good gun for those grizzlie suckers or a big mulie.  Thanks Muley. Wink

Like Mike Nesbitt use to say "Shoot Straight".

Buck

Back to top Go down
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: GRRW Leman Indian Trade Rifle FOR SALE   September 11th 2016, 10:04 am

I'd love to have one of their guns. It's just way more money than I could ever afford. Beautiful guns.

No bear yet. I knew it would be hard. In the unit Jon is hunting for bear they shot 18 bears last fall. In my unit they shot one bear. Pretty bad odds for over 300 bear hunters.

I'm letting my back heal up. I sort of over did it yesterday. I'll try again tomorrow.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: GRRW Leman Indian Trade Rifle FOR SALE   September 11th 2016, 10:50 am

Good Luck.

I use to live 13 miles from Estes Park CO., good old Area #20. Guess I was very lucky having taken (4) black bears and (1) cinnamon colored  bear in 20 years of hunting that area. Always lots of road hunters.

You need to change your profile picture to this one Muley.

Last edited by conner on September 11th 2016, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: GRRW Leman Indian Trade Rifle FOR SALE   September 11th 2016, 10:54 am

I saw no hunters where I went. Which includes elk and deer muzzy hunters. I'm trying a new area tomorrow and i'm sure i'll see some hunters.

I just want to see a bear which I hardly ever see and i'm in the mountains almost every day. Sneaky little guys. I see more cats than bears. Good luck getting that tag.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: GRRW Leman Indian Trade Rifle FOR SALE   September 21st 2016, 2:40 pm

@Kentucky Colonel wrote:
Quote :

Quote :
Tom Watson rifle kit build - Head Up KC ....

Contact your GRRW.CA gunsmith, Carl Walker KC, he's getting close to build your GRRW rifle kit. Need to call him next week.

Buck

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRRW Leman Indian Trade Rifle FOR SALE   

Back to top Go down

GRRW Leman Indian Trade Rifle FOR SALE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Media-
Jump to: