GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START   March 15th 2017, 8:08 am

SUBJECT: GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START
Last year 2016 was very good for a new old group to restart where they left off from 40 years ago. 2017 looks like GRRW CA has got the attention they were hoping for by looking at the 'Customer Waiting List". Thank you guys for your attention, hope I answered all your concerns you had. First part of this year was busy with questions, we will see responses once everyone knows what their state and federal taxes will bring.

Here is a link to some of the guns produced last year and the beginning of this year.

http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/2017.GRRW.CA.Guns.htm

cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START   March 15th 2017, 6:52 pm

Well done Conner!.........

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START   March 16th 2017, 11:02 am

This has been a fun and enjoyable experience getting these former GRRW gunsmiths back together again. I have heard several negative remarks that ranged from "the smiths wouldn't be interested" to "they're to old to build anymore" or "you can't build guns without a deposit" all made by two so called friends that are gun builders in Colorado. Their jealousy of seeing these older guys back at what they love seemed to be showing big time. That just made me push that much harder to make this idea work. 

Thanks to them"It does work" and "is working just fine". 

What's interesting is how the "Process" works with No Deposit or No Back Orders. The customer buys his parts from suggest supplier, pays the tax on parts and has them sent to his personal GRRW CA gunsmith. All this means it saves you the customer money, no book keeping, no additional taxes, and it gives you the customer time to save your money for the smith's labor to build your firearm. No Middleman, No Hidden Costs

All I do is keep the "Customer Waiting List", keep you guys informed as you move closer (up the list) to your build date and when a GRRW CA smith is available your put together. I've done by job and you and your smith get together to assemble what ever your idea is for the gun. Simple, clean and it works.

Had a gentleman asked about getting on with GRRW CA, wanted to know what the starting wage was and what kind of benefits where there. After I stopped laughing I answered him as clear as possible. "You would get the same compensation that I get ZERO". Never got a reply ....    Mad   Shocked

Now the two friends in Colorado are telling me I have to many different websites up about Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association [GRRW CA], they claim its hard to find us? That's funny all the websites have the same link to our contact email address: grrw.ca@gmail.com  ? The jealousy continues ....  I took advantage of free services to get the word out on the Internet as well as contacting some of my old friends that write for national magazines like Mike Nesbitt for articles about us. Getting on the map for FREE saves you the customer and us the service $$$ ...

Back to top Go down
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START   March 18th 2017, 8:45 pm

It always is fulfilling to see good people doing good work, particularly the work they love, and having success. Congratulations!
Ron

conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START   March 20th 2017, 6:35 am

@RonC wrote:
It always is fulfilling to see good people doing good work, particularly the work they love, and having success. Congratulations!
Ron
I'm not bragging about myself just expressing information about a project that worked out. I picked up the J&S Hawken over the weekend, the pictures I've shown are as nice as the rifle. Oh, Kentucky Colonel Carl has the barrel inletted along with the lock plate, now working on the triggers, a nice piece of work in process.

How come some ideas work and others fall flat on their face??? Those are the ones that make you work harder to pick them up and then find in some cases it was a wasted effort with lack of help. Boy I've had a few of them over the years, everyone is exited then fade away when their help is needed (period treks always come to mind with slackers).  Sad

I'm sure you guys can think of many experiences that you have had that left you being the only one doing all the work. Clubs, organizations, associations are always time eaters with only a few doing everything for the masses.  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START   March 20th 2017, 8:42 am

Beautiful looking rifles.  Since I started dabbling in the rifle building, I mean putting together "parts sets" not building from scratch, I really appreciate and have a new found respect for the highly skilled journeyman.

So you want to be a gun maker....do you like filing?  >:^)

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START   March 20th 2017, 9:24 pm

@conner wrote:
@RonC wrote:
Ron
"Oh, Kentucky Colonel Carl has the barrel inletted along with the lock plate, now working on the triggers, a nice piece of work in process."

Yay! Tell me Carl has managed a couple of pictures of the process? 
It would be especially nice to see him in action. 
thread photos

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START   June 18th 2017, 8:06 pm

Here's what has been built, being built or waiting to be put in line as of today.

HAWKEN RIFLES(2) ˝ STOCK HAWKEN
(9) BRIDGER HAWKEN
(7) J&S HAWKEN
(1) 1970 GRRW (KIT) ˝ STOCK HAWKEN
H.E. LEMAN RIFLES(2) H.E. LEMAN TRADE RIFLES
(1) H.E.LEMAN SQUIRREL RIFLE
(2) H.E. LEMAN INDIAN TRADE RIFLES
H.E. LEMAN NW TRADE GUNS(1) H.E. LEMAN NW TRADE GUN (LIMITED)
(4) H.E. LEMAN NW TRADE GUNS
POOR BOYS(1) POOR BOY RIFLE
TRAPPER PISTOLS(3) TRAPPER PISTOLS

Folks the new idea works and we are told it works very nicely, thank you for your interest.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START   

Back to top Go down

GRRW CA HAD AN EXCELLENT STARTUP YEAR 2016 AND 2017 HAS A GREAT START
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Media-
Jump to: