HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

almost 2 years of work, my 54cal hawken is done, for now lol

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
corey012778

Male Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: almost 2 years of work, my 54cal hawken is done, for now lol   October 28th 2010, 1:44 pm

been working on this thing for 2years, stock is an charles daly, barrel bought from deer creek products, rear sights from an local gunshop, front sight from track of the wolf, rest of the hard ware (stock include) off ebay.

I had an major problem mounting the rear sight, there was an slight spur I could not see I lost almost half the back side of the dove tail, thinking about placing a little solder to help stabilized the rear sight.

i wanted an larger sight picture, it was an squire took triangle file and cut an v notch tried to do it with an dramel but I could not hold it still enough and could not find my cut off wheel attachment

later on I am going to add an patch box to the gun

bad monkey  :wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Admin

Male Number of posts : 14277

PostSubject: Re: almost 2 years of work, my 54cal hawken is done, for now lol   October 28th 2010, 2:11 pm

looks great! I cant wait till you go and shoot it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
corey012778

PostSubject: Re: almost 2 years of work, my 54cal hawken is done, for now lol   October 28th 2010, 2:19 pm

shot it with no rear sight, off the right, all over the place

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daman

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2010-10-21

PostSubject: Re: almost 2 years of work, my 54cal hawken is done, for now lol   October 28th 2010, 2:26 pm

I really want to build a custom 54 cal inline. I just got to talk the finance committee into it!

I don't think she would understand just yet since I haven't even hunted with the new Optima yet!

Maybe you can dial her in now since you got a rear sight! I bet when you find the right load, she will shoot like a dream.

Daman
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corey012778

PostSubject: Re: almost 2 years of work, my 54cal hawken is done, for now lol   October 28th 2010, 2:35 pm

no time, my early ml season starts saturday.

total cost was just over $200. $30 was on 3 lost rear sights, I am going to find some time down the road, muphy's law will hit lol

thinking of starts the load at 70grs 224gr homecast wheel weight round ball, going to cast some up on saturday when I get home from the range

may head back out on sunday

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick

Male Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: almost 2 years of work, my 54cal hawken is done, for now lol   October 30th 2010, 9:18 am

I like it, very very sweet gun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whitetailwoods.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: almost 2 years of work, my 54cal hawken is done, for now lol   

Back to top Go down

almost 2 years of work, my 54cal hawken is done, for now lol
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: