View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14330
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!   November 16th 2010, 12:53 pm

picked up some hunt rounds for the mosin nagant yesterday and so i fired it this morning! Not a bad kicking rifle but the steel plate hurts my bony shoulder after 3 shots.

first shot on an oiled montana x treme conditioner bore was high, the next 2 shots left me smiling big time! Not to shabby for a rifle built in 1953!

50 yards,

Going to take it out to 100 yards next but use the lead sled this time so i enjoy it a bit more.

If it does ok, then it looks like a new synthetic stock and some other parts will be ordered for it. A good cheap, accurate and fun rifle!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!   November 16th 2010, 2:52 pm

Took it out to 75 yards and figured that i have to use the 300m setting on the sights for it to be on. Its 1 1/2" high at 75 yards. Should be perfect out to 200 yards.

Upper 2 shots were my final shots of the day. Front sight had to be knocked over a bit to the left to bring it center.
Back to top Go down
Matthew_h

Male Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!   November 17th 2010, 12:10 am

just a heads up they are meant to be shot with the bayonet extended . they will shoot left and a few inches high at 100 without it extended . i gota put mine on to get it to shoot point of aim , makes it five and a half feet long lol .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!   November 17th 2010, 10:38 am

i tried it both ways.

I extended the bayonet out and it shot dead on but still way off to the left. I figured keep it folded up and the 1.5" higher POI will help over longer ranges.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!   October 3rd 2011, 9:10 pm

Finally got some good pics of my Nagant today! I don't shoot it as often as i'd like mainly due to the $25 box of ammo price " gotta find the cheap stuff!" but i love this gun. I removed the bayonet so its not in this picture. Just added 1lb of weight to the rifle it seemed LOL. Trigger now breaks at 6.5lbs.

Back to top Go down
corey012778

Male Number of posts : 2309

PostSubject: Re: shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!   October 4th 2011, 9:16 am

I used an rubber spacer on mine, mine was around 5.5 lbs to 6lbs. the rubber puts it around the 4 mark.

aluminum foil works well too, you can build it up. and much cheapers

I have not got an chance to get mine out yet. been extremely busy getting muzzys ready.

bad monkey  :wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norbush

Male Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!   October 4th 2011, 11:00 am

FG - just so you know, on your original post says 'this image or video has been moved or deleted by PhotoBucket '. Maybe just my internet connection, but maybe your images were discarded.

CVA Accura V2 (2010)
Bushnell Trophy XLT 250 DOA 3-9x40 Scope --- DuraSight DS411b Medium mounts
Blackhorn 209 (100gr) Powder --- CCI 209M Primers --- Barnes TEZ 290 Projectiles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!   October 4th 2011, 11:02 am

yeah i think i accidentally deleted the pics on facebook. Thats ok they sucked LOL.
Back to top Go down
steve

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-10-16

PostSubject: Re: shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!   October 16th 2011, 1:26 pm

If you ever have any problems with the bolt coming open when you carry it. That can be fixed. I use to have a gun shop and I had sold and fixed a lot of them. Retired out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!   

Back to top Go down

shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: