Share | 

Fiocchi 616 Primers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
muzzlenut

Male Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Fiocchi 616 Primers   July 24th 2011, 9:58 pm

I havenít been to the range since March 2nd of this year. Got off my last 12 hour graveyard shift this morning. There was no wind so I decided to go shoot. It was 83*F
when I left work and very cloudy. Didnít see much sun, so that was a plus.

I had ordered 4 jugs of BH209 ($108.00) & 1,000 Fiocchi 616 primers ($25.00) from Edís Gun Shop for a total of $133.00. No hazmat fee, no shipping charge, just $133.00

Gander, you need to order some BH209 from Edí Gun Shop and have them add some Fiocchi 616 primers.
Iíve been shooting BH209 with CCI 209M primers. I didnít think that I had much blow back with my Apex .45 cal. until I shot the Fiocchi 616 primers. Iíve always cleaned my gun really good after a shooting session, but the face of the breech plug (primer end) is usually pretty black after shooting and has had a stain that I couldnít get of with Hoppes 9. Every time I removed a spent Fiocchi 616 primer from the beech plug there was no black, just the same level of stain that it had before I started shooting. The Fiocchi primers really seal off the blow back. After a few shoots I had to start using a primer tool to remove them.
When I cleaned the gun after shooting 3 primers to foul the barrel and 17 shots, I noticed a lot more crud than usual when I ran the drill bit down the flash channel. I suspect that was normal since it wasnít blowing back into the breech area.

Now, about the stain. Gander has recommended Bichwood Casey Bore Scrubber. I had ordered some and cleaned the gun and breech plug with it. I think I got about 99% of the stain removed from the breech plug and the barrel almost blinded me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeepman

Male Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Fiocchi 616 Primers   July 24th 2011, 10:03 pm

He turned me onto the BS also and it works a lot better than hoppes did and smells real good also lol.. good stuff!

FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14398
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Fiocchi 616 Primers   July 24th 2011, 10:07 pm

Thats odd that the Fiocchi primers were cleaner. They are a pretty short primer.

I have some shims for the Apex plug if you want to try. Pretty simple things i made with a pop can and a paper hole puncher. We use them in our Apex.

That BS is so damn good stuff im telling ya!

Run a few dry patches to push out loose fouling and follow up with a couple wet BS patches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3704
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Fiocchi 616 Primers   July 25th 2011, 5:24 am

Very Happy
I've been shooting Fiocchi 616, 209 Primers now for awhile since Carlos turned me on to them. I've never had a problem with them. The key I find is to keep your BP CLEAR OF CARBON UP. I use a drill bit on a "T' handle and reem out the flash channel and a pick to clean the flash hole. As far as the junk in the barrel I have the same after shooting. As far as I can see it doesn't have any bearing on the accuracy.
Good luck this season muzzlenut.

Ray........... cheers

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING ††

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clint

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Fiocchi 616 Primers   July 25th 2011, 10:39 am

I got some of the Fiocchi primes from Carlos as well and they are the cleanest primers I have ever shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 3258
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Fiocchi 616 Primers   February 7th 2015, 7:52 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
Thats odd that the Fiocchi primers were cleaner. They are a pretty short primer.

I have some shims for the Apex plug if you want to try. Pretty simple things i made with a pop can and a paper hole puncher. We use them in our Apex.

That BS is so damn good stuff im telling ya!

Run a few dry patches to push out loose fouling and follow up with a couple wet BS patches.
Fiocchi primers always seemed to work well in my Kodiaks. † I don't use them in my Apex because of the need to shim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiocchi 616 Primers   

Back to top Go down

Fiocchi 616 Primers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: