Share | 

damn russian ammo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
corey012778

Male Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: damn russian ammo   October 27th 2008, 1:12 am

I was thinking of throwing the old scope I had on the apex on my sks pulled it out. the muzzlebreak had rust in the ports and the "muzzle" of the break.

I remember when I cleaned it I used an foaming bore cleaner. when I ran the patch thou it. the stuff looked like thick wet coffee grounds. I was lazy that day with my muzzleloaders. I used the same cleaner in them. it looked the same.

I think the russian ammo in it was filled with black powder Evil or Very Mad
if not that. damn primer a corrosive as hell. what every it was it sucks. I am either going sell this gun or start reloading and casting for it.

I have about 20 to 30 rounds of that stuff left. Should I shoot it again with it? this stuff is not wolf brand.

forgot to clean the gas tube. used butch's bore shine for black powder. an 45cal blackpowder jig worked great for the main part of the tube. Laughing

did not come out gray like smokeless should, it was black as well. but it has been about an month since I had it out last. just a little rust where it connects to the rifle other then that, no other rust.

bad monkey  :wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corey012778

Male Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: damn russian ammo   October 27th 2008, 9:29 pm

never mind on this, I got help right down to the plant in russian where the ammo was made, even the year.

bad monkey  :wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile

damn russian ammo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: