cleaning and oiling firing mechs, and housing with kroil

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
corey012778
Site
Site

Male Number of posts: 2098
Registration date: 2008-05-19

PostSubject: cleaning and oiling firing mechs, and housing with kroil   December 1st 2011, 10:02 am

I am soak my win apex action in kroil to loosen it up. i wiped off the oil so i can handle it better. noticed something, it was pulling off carbon and powder residue, some areas look brand new. there was an small foam of oil left on the outside of the housing, my hands where a little wet. the water beaded on the surface.

got me thinking. I ended up putting other parts into the oil to set. I will let you know the results once it is all done

bad monkey :wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts: 9987

PostSubject: Re: cleaning and oiling firing mechs, and housing with kroil   December 1st 2011, 10:35 am

Kroil is supposed to be some darn good stuff. I hate oiling but that is one oil thats well worth looking into.

CVA Hawken .58cal
Traditions Kentucky .50cal Flinter
CVA Wolf .50cal
M44 Mosin Nagant

Patch N Ball Muzzleloading
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
corey012778
Site
Site

Male Number of posts: 2098

PostSubject: Re: cleaning and oiling firing mechs, and housing with kroil   December 3rd 2011, 10:27 pm

it is jon,
i use it on my molds. high smoke point.

I always had problems with pulling the hammer back, after the kroil treatment, smooth and takes very little. the soaking took an ton of crud out of the hard to get places. had an touch of rust on the hammer springs. it is gone.

may do the graphite treatment in the hammer and trigger area. when i do my end of the season detail

bad monkey :wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
old frank

Number of posts: 25
Registration date: 2012-04-22

PostSubject: Re: cleaning and oiling firing mechs, and housing with kroil   April 25th 2012, 10:11 am

My career was Aircraft Maintenance and all our power tools were air operated, drills, rivet guns, cutters, cutting wheels whatever.

We used a few drops of Kroil every day before hooking up an air hose. The tools lasted forever so I have to think the oil did a good job.

H&R Huntsman .50

Howard Hill Longbows
Back to top Go down
View user profile

cleaning and oiling firing mechs, and housing with kroil

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Muzzleloading Tune Up-