Share | 

CVA Apex Barrel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Butcher

Number of posts: 174
Registration date: 2011-01-23

PostSubject: CVA Apex Barrel   October 18th 2012, 6:14 pm

I was cleaning my Apex 50 cal barrel the other day, and noticed machine marks on in between the lands. Never remember seeing them before, but they had to be there. My Apex shoots pretty good, but never did shoot as well as my friends rifle (I was shooting both rifles so it was not the shooter) Just wonder could that be an answer. I've owned it 2-3 years, I don't know if they CVA would look at it or not. We're in season right now, so would have to wait till Jan. Rifle just killed it's 7th whitetail, so it's shooting good enough. Actually thinking of buying either another 50 barrel, or a .45 barrel. Anyone own or shoot the Encore FX ML? I owned 2 encores, and my CVA Apex, is in my opinion a better rifle. I did buy the Turkey barrel for my Apex, shoots great, but I don't like a scope or dot on my shotguns, so I have it for sale. But fact is, T/C has so many more barrels and calibers, I'm thinking hard about a new Pro Hunter. Any input would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muznut

Number of posts: 683
Registration date: 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Re: CVA Apex Barrel   November 11th 2012, 5:57 am

Its possible that you could have marks in the grooves from the button rifling process. They hone the barrels before they cut the grooves and the hone would not get in the grooves anyway. Those marks should not cause any problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts: 10642
Registration date: 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: CVA Apex Barrel   November 11th 2012, 11:14 am

hard to tell without being able to see them. My bet is they smooth out over time with shooting, like most barrels.

CVA Hawken .58cal
Traditions Kentucky .50cal Flinter
CVA Wolf .50cal
M44 Mosin Nagant

Patch N Ball Muzzleloading
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com

CVA Apex Barrel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading ::  :: -