HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SwampDonkey

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-12-05

PostSubject: Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker   July 27th 2013, 8:10 am

Hello
My son bought a traditions tracker at the local rural king it is one of those blister pack bargains

So i'm trying to figure out what  powder and primers he can use in it and i'm also trying to find a set of scope mount blocks fit so he can put a scope on it

Any and all help is appreciated

Thanks
Joe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ceader savage

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker   July 28th 2013, 9:58 am

Well go online to traditions an u will get all the info u want but a 209 primmer an weaver mounts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaybez101099

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker   July 28th 2013, 10:35 am

With that style gun use Pyrodex RS loose and saboted bullets in the 250-300gr range.    With RS start at 90grs and see what kind of results you get and go up from there in 5gr steps. I would stay away from 777 due to the crud ring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14398
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker   July 28th 2013, 11:20 am

Yep, RS or T7 will do the job. Its one of those plunger style guns which means its very messy, so a scope cover is a must to keep the primer from blasting the finish off the bottom.

With all that dirtiness, T7 may not leave that bad of a crud ring due to all the primer heat being lost. Never know until you give it a try though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5321
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker   July 28th 2013, 12:33 pm

Even though it is a plunger type gun it might be capable of very good accuracy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker   July 28th 2013, 12:47 pm

oh yeah without a doubt its capable of excellent accuracy, just messier to clean is all. Not a big deal, especially for the price they go for.
Back to top Go down
Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker   July 28th 2013, 1:32 pm

Yeah messy and muzzies go hand in hand if you cannot use BH 209 Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwampDonkey

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker   December 11th 2013, 5:51 pm

Sorry I never responded to you guy's posts 
Here is a update on this gun

I went and bought some pyrodex rs and hornady sst's in 250 grains like I shoot in my cva wolf and started shooting with 90 grains and worked up to 105 grains that is the sweet spot it likes 

He has shot 2 bottles of rs out of it and is very accurate with it out to 200 yards  and was pumped and ready for deer season we went out 1st season and got skunked then 2nd season and the last minute of the last day he got a button buck at 178 yards and happier than a fat kid in a candy store

I just have to get a scope cover of some kind because the blow back from the primer it eating the scope up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker   December 11th 2013, 5:54 pm

Great deal!  I remember some velcro strap deals they make for those open plunger guns, I will see if I can find them.
Back to top Go down
Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker   December 12th 2013, 6:35 am

Congrats on the buck !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker   

Back to top Go down

Need a little help/info on a traditions tracker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: