Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ac10

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?    January 20th 2014, 4:22 pm

Today I was taking out the firing pin retainer bushing to clean on my Accura and the face of the bushing stripped bad when loosing with my flat head screw driver. I was pretty surprised it did this, I only had to apply a little pressure to loosen it. I am going to contact CVA tomorrow, on their website I noticed they have replacement firing pin bushings for 2010 Accura and newer. Mine is the original Accura I believe. I purchased in Feb. 2010 but it's probably an 2009 model. Does anybody know if I can find a replacement for this?
Thanks
Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14399
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?    January 20th 2014, 4:25 pm

sure they are the same bushings on those guns as well. Its really important to use the correct size screw driver as you found out, when you reinstall, add a touch of anti seize to the threads to keep it from freezing up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9492
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?    January 20th 2014, 4:44 pm

I notice the newer bushings have a wider slot than the old ones.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ac10

PostSubject: Re: Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?    January 20th 2014, 7:30 pm

Yeah I noticed that too Muley. The picture of the newer bushings appear to have a wider slot than the old ones. Will that matter at all FrontierGander or will the newer bushings still work on my gun?

Yeah lesson learned, I thought I had the correct size screw driver but obviously not. I'm usually pretty careful but I put the screw driver in there, it appeared to be the right size, turned it and that was that, lol. I got it out, but being that it's messed up a little I'll get a new one.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?    January 20th 2014, 8:06 pm

They went to a wider slot, because of what happened to you. Everything else should be the same, and work ok.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ac10

PostSubject: Re: Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?    January 20th 2014, 11:49 pm

Okay. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ac10

PostSubject: Re: Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?    January 21st 2014, 2:01 pm

Called CVA for firing pin bushing. They are shipping one out which is great. My breech plug requires a tool to remove so they told me it required the older bushing from what I understood. To be sure I got the right size I asked if they knew what size of screw driver head it required to install and remove and they didn't. I quickly got the feeling they really didn't care. Interesting, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?    January 21st 2014, 2:12 pm

You're lucky they knew what a screwdriver was.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ac10

PostSubject: Re: Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?    January 21st 2014, 2:21 pm

LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?    

Back to top Go down

Firing Pin Retainer Bushing for Accura ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: