Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

.. My rifles are ready to go..............

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3704
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: .. My rifles are ready to go..............   February 21st 2014, 12:34 pm

Very Happy 
Now that I'm retired I have a lot of time on my hands these days so today I took my 5 traditional rifles out of the safe and cleaned them. (Not that they needed it mind you). I removed the barrels and the locks from 2 and cleaned them to the best of my knowledge. I didn't remove the lock from my new Hawken, Flinter and New Englander. Reason being for the Hawken and Flinter is because they are brand new. Now the New Englander's lock wouldn't come out of the stock. I tried leaving the screw in a thread or 2 and tried tapping the screw but no dice. I think IMHO, I think its wedged into the synthetic stock. It is the only plastic stock side lock I have but eventually I'll get a wooden stock for it. It's a shame because the rifle was never fired. Had some rust and I got rid of that but all that is left is some pitting. The bluing on the barrel is awesome. Best I've seen. Maybe I'll just put it up sale scratch 
Got my shooting box together with .490 r/b's, .570 r/b's, .015 and .018 lubed patches and pre-measured tubes of 80 and 90 Goex 2F Powder. I'll be taking my Hawken and PA Hunter on the hunting trip..............All I need now is decent weather so I can get to the range. :Grace  :Grace 

Ray............. t up

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14399
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: .. My rifles are ready to go..............   February 21st 2014, 12:57 pm

sounds like fun!

Now be careful with the hawken too, it was super tight inletting around the lock too. When you go to remove it, remove the barrel first, loosen both screws all the way and with the back of the screw driver, tap them lightly as it will help push the lock right out of the stock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3704
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: .. My rifles are ready to go..............   February 21st 2014, 1:09 pm

Very Happy 
Thanks for the heads up Jonathan. I'll do that when the time is right.  cowyboy hatoff 

Ray............ t up

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .. My rifles are ready to go..............   

Back to top Go down

.. My rifles are ready to go..............
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: