Share | 

LHR Redemption info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
andres3

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: LHR Redemption info   May 16th 2014, 9:53 am

I posted this question to Ed's Gun shop also. I am looking for all the info (good and bad) I can get on this muzzle loader. I have narrowed down my choice to either the LHR Redemption or new nitrate version of the CVA MR. All input is welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1647
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: LHR Redemption info   May 17th 2014, 8:28 am

I owned an LHR.  The quality of the fit and finish of the rifle is as nice as you will see on any in-line regardless of brand but it is "heavy".   The scope mount position was a concern for me.  Because of their breech plug design, (in my opinion) the scope mounts a little too far forward on the barrel.  Even adjusted all the way back I still had to move my head forward on the stock to get a nice sight picture and it was uncomfortable for me.  I would strongly recommend checking into this.   See if you can shoulder one with a scope on it "before" you buy.  I did love the breech plug design and ease of cleaning.  I felt the cocking slide was hard to push forward also.  It's OK for hunting but on the range when you are shooting 25 times it was hard on the thumb. 

I have the CVA Accura MR, very nice rifle with no complaints.  I hunt from a climbing tree stand and the MR is accurate, light and quick handling with it's 25" barrel.

So you want to be a gun maker....do you like filing?  >:^)

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andres3

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: LHR Redemption info   May 17th 2014, 11:06 am

Thanks for the info, especially the scope input. I most definitely do no like rubbernecking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHR Redemption info   

Back to top Go down

LHR Redemption info
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: