Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pete/ny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?   Sun 7 Sep - 18:43

Just wondering what all our Members are using to carry and store their extra 209 Primers in case you need another shot? In my old percussion guns I used the inline #11 brass cappers but don't really need this for priming my new Acurra MR.I looked at the Red Flexible TC Tool that holds some 209s and are not that expensive. Thanks in advance for some ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muzzlenut

Male Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?   Sun 7 Sep - 18:45

I stick a 209 primer in each screw hole in the recoil pad. Has worked great for me for several years now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlethcoe

Male Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?   Sun 7 Sep - 18:51

Pete, 
I put a couple in the screw holes in the butt of the gun, they fit nicely in the holes. T/C has a couple different primer caddy.

Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14398
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?   Sun 7 Sep - 19:30

@muzzlenut wrote:
I stick a 209 primer in each screw hole in the recoil pad. Has worked great for me for several years now.

X2 Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?   Sun 7 Sep - 20:11

i carry the 209 capper on a dogtag chain around my neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
biddler2

Male Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2011-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?   Sun 7 Sep - 20:12

I use the CVA clear 209 tool but it is junk and never works for multiple primers. I use it as a single and I like using it because it also has a stuck primer removal tool. I also use the red TC long flexible and I leave it in a different pocket. I use the lanes tubes in wet weather. 
I like having multiple speed loaders and primers in my pockets. That way I always find one when needed.

GregK

Male Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?   Sun 7 Sep - 20:26

I use the TC & it has always worked great for me.

McRem 40cal SML

LEUPOLD 4-12X40 VX-R 30mm, CDS, FIRE DOT
CEB 40/240, 76gr IMR 4895
2600 ft/s

CVA APEX .358 SML & .45 ML
LUEPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R CDS, FIRE DOT, WIND PLEX

Knight Mountainer LTD
45cal / 1-20 twist
LEUPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R 30mm WIND PLEX CDS FIREDOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stillhunter

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?   Sun 7 Sep - 20:46

My Optimas rubber recoil pad has VVVVVVVV  or accordion shaped vents in the sides of the pad and 209s fit snugly in the Vs. I stick 4 or 5 in the Vs skipping a few VVs between each primer on the side that is away from my face when I shoulder the gun and they do not fall out and are easy/quick to pluck out and load.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5096
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?   Mon 8 Sep - 9:44

I have a metal capper for 209 primers that came with the gun. It's useless for inserting the primer but holds about 8 so they don't get lost.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dbowling

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2014-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?   Mon 8 Sep - 13:40

I just stick them in my pocket loose, just as quick to reach in and grab one for me then to fumble around trying to get them out of the buttplate screwholes or a tool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pete/ny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Thanks to all.   Mon 8 Sep - 15:16

Thanks to all with the help on this. Good ideas.I guess I will grab one of the tc holders as theya re cheap enough to try. My pad won't accept the primers  except in the buttstock holes in the pad.But my pad is always getting dirty when I set it on the pad so that won't work either. As for the pocket, that will be my second option. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?   

Back to top Go down

Whats good for carrying your extra 209 Primers?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: