Share | 

thunderhawk question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bill50

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-10-28

PostSubject: thunderhawk question   October 6th 2014, 7:21 pm

acquired a tc thunderhawk 50cal with a round rusted inside barrel was able to free up round and get barrel cleaned up. i changed nipple to a flame thrower no11. got the gun shooting nice groups at 50yrds using pyrodex pellets. 2 50 gr and powerbelt 250hp. my question is will this gun shoot triple 7 pellets are they any cleaner than pyrodex  also can i use a little grease to keep percusion cap on nipple and to help remove it after firing  gonna let my nephew use this gun for his first deer hunt any recomendations on powders or bullets would be appreciated  gonna be hunting woods 75 yrd  shots or less probobly less thanks for any replies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14399
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: thunderhawk question   October 7th 2014, 12:55 pm

Triple 7 pellets should do fine. If you have any issues, just swap over to pyrodex pellets as they have a small end with real black powder to help set them off.

The cap should go on easy enough but not to the point where it falls off by tipping the rifle upwards.

I'd keep all grease away from the nipple, it just attracts melty lube towards the cap and will kill the cap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com

thunderhawk question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: