Share | 

made switch and happy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JTClark

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2013-12-23

PostSubject: made switch and happy   October 12th 2014, 3:05 pm

gusy, been awhile since i come here, i have been made switch gold pt 260 to 300 gr and drop from 110 gr to 100 gr BH209 and i can see how accurate the heavy bullet fly in target at 50 yard and 100 yards with little readjust scope and i'm happy they shot tight groups out of my LDR and i think heavy are great for any condition weather and windy day than lightweight. 

big issue on dark color target and center crosshair at long range shoot at 100 on x9mm so i made 5" diameter white paper as my  bull eye and i can find and see center crosshair better than that dark color target paper... 

otherwise, i will have some guys come in and discuss on scope cos after hunting season is over i'm trying to take bushnell DOA 250 for a standard duplex with good crosshair need to add more thick in center and go up to like x12 or x16mm for 100 yards shooting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14398
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: made switch and happy   October 12th 2014, 3:15 pm

:rtup  glad to hear they are doing great for you. Just wait till you put that 300 grain sleepy pill into a buck! Thats going to really be the ultimate test!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
JTClark

PostSubject: Re: made switch and happy   October 12th 2014, 3:30 pm

thanks FG, 
iowa early season muzzleloader are here til oct 18 but i haven't go cos corn are still up and we are waiting for late season muzzleloader on dec 22 to jan 10 so been doing bullets switching to 300 gr and gotta love that heavy the torn paper bad than 260 gr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlethcoe

Male Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: made switch and happy   October 12th 2014, 4:45 pm

JT, 
You will like the out come of the 300 PT GOLDS when they put a hurt on an Iowa deer. I am in the same boat as you are with Iowa deer hunting, I will be doing 1st shot gun, and late season muzzy. I stopped doing the early season muzzy after they changed the law about no shotgun seasons, if you go early season. You get over in my area, let me know, we can go throw some smoke down range. Good luck this year.

Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JTClark

PostSubject: Re: made switch and happy   October 12th 2014, 5:31 pm

dave,
i have been doing bowhunting and during early muzzleloader and a new additions shotgun season on same week i stay out of this til after oct 18 then i'll be back in woods for pre rut, rut then off again til 2nd season shotgun and late season muzzleloader but all i know there is crossbow season this late season too if you can see at iowa regulation book..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlethcoe

Male Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: made switch and happy   October 12th 2014, 5:48 pm

JT,
I was at some of the meeting about changeing some of the rules that they have had inplace about hunting regulations. I get in enough trouble muzzy hunting, so I don't bow hunt.
Good luck, and get a bid fat one.

Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: made switch and happy   

Back to top Go down

made switch and happy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-