Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CW3SF1937

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   October 24th 2014, 11:19 am

Last year, about this time, I started the process of having S&W T/C repairing two new "bonecollectors" with major rust issues on the Weatershield protective covering.

Both my son and I are ex military, my self a CW3 SF and Jungle Expert Instructor--- So yes we know how to keep a rifle in humid weather and understand " weapon check in 30".

We could see all of the parts rust no mater what we did, like all was just raw iron. So I set of to contact SW&T/C asap.

At first, after waiting for about 15 min the customer  serv. person sent 2 Fed Ex shipping slips, and soon both rifles and a long letter with each was shipped. Both arrived early Nov. 2013.

NOTHING was heard from SW T/C about what was going on ( I had given them a list of options & phone #s as will as email addresses ). About the Early Dec a email from them indicated
Both were being shipped back. NOTHING!!! This was repeated several times, but nothing was shipped. Phone calls ( taking very long holding times ) and emails went unanswered. The customer serv. people were not helpfull when I asked WHERE are my Rifles. NOTHING!!!! Buy mid March, several phone calls and emails to the Cust Serv Supervisor went unanswered. It was like screaming in the empty wilderness.

Then I went to a Sportman show in Az and found the "head Kahuna" for S&W. After a brief conversation he said " let me have this". The next day he emailed me for some other info.
The next day the Cust Serv Superv called and asked what he could do. I thought of several options, but said send me our repaired weapons. Both soon arrived. One  was fine, the other
so stiff that it could not be opened or closed with out massive force. Lovely workmanship by one of many of the fools  at S&W. Later, after many more phonecalls and emails my new rifle
arrived.

That rifle works fine as does my son's. The 2014 MZ Elk season was dry so the new Weather Shield was not "tested".

Needless to say,I will not buy any thing from S&W T/C again.

There customer service ranks as the worst of the worst of the worst. With out finding the Head Kahuna we would stll be "SCREAMING into the WILDERNESS, And would have not gone hunting this year.

Fair warning to all!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Landngroove

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   October 24th 2014, 4:51 pm

T/C is not what it used to be before the sale to S&W. Not only customer service, but quality. This "Weathershield", just another way to cut costs. What about the bore of the barrel ? I'll take stainless steel for mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9492
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   October 24th 2014, 5:05 pm

I had one dealing with them since S&W took over, and it was disappointing. TC is not the company they used to be.

Just like Marlin isn't the same since Remington took over.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5118
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   October 24th 2014, 5:07 pm

Remington's not the same since the NEW Remington took over. Evil or Very Mad

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9492
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   October 24th 2014, 5:17 pm

Sometimes the old days really were the good old days.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CW3SF1937

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   October 24th 2014, 10:25 pm

At lease Leupold is still a great stand up outfit that has great customer service.

I told my gun shop owner in Colorado that he should rid himself of all S&W T/C firearms.

Just for the heck of it I tried to get some of the "folks" at S&W T/C who said the were sorry for how I was treated ------  same long wait and lack of follow through.

CVA answered the phone in seconds and we all over about helping you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TScottW99

Male Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   October 24th 2014, 11:57 pm

When I heard S&W was buying TC I ran to the store to buy another Encore frame. I wasn't crazy about where S&W was headed and I didn't want to take any chances. 

I have bought another frame and a Triumph since the merger. Glad I've been lucky and didn't need customer service.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
anaconda44

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   November 29th 2014, 6:37 pm

I know this is a older post but I had a broken part on a flintlock just a sear. I called tc and told them what I needed. the guy said ok what's you address ect. he would check on it for me. and he would contact me. well to my surprise 5 days later they had just sent me a whole new lock assembly. but that was about 6 years or so ago.

But
I had bought a cva electra along with 2 of my other hunting buddy's at the same time. 219.00 and a 100.00 rebate couldn't pass on that. we went to the range to try there's worked mine did not. no spark.
so  we switched batteries nothing. used one of there breech plug it worked. so I called cva and told them what was going on. they made me return the whole gun. so I did. sent it with sig. conformation and tracking. waited 7 business days and called the to see when they might get to it. they didn't know where it was in the shop or building. they had no tracking procedure's  for there returns or if they were looked at of fixed yet. so he said call back in 10 days I did , he didn't know anything about what was going on ect. so he was supposed to check on it again. never heard anything back. called again after 10 more days. nothing. now I am am thinking I made a big mistake buying a cva. this went on till a total  time of 15 weeks. I called back and commented on how I thought the whole process they had/didn't have on tracking and contacting customer's and I wasn't very pleased with the run around, all times I ask for the same person. that's when he said he was sorry and he felt bad about it
and told me for some reason he couldn't really say ./ no staff in the repair shop for over 30days. cutbacks.
I was pretty upset but kept that to myself. he said he would personally take care of it. I said ok but I need to know for sure with in a week. I didn't want to get the run around again. he promised. if I didn't hear back in 7 business days call a number he had given me.. I must say I was so mad after I hung up the phone I was ready to tell everyone I had seen who was looking for a muzzle loader to don't even think about buying a cva.

4 days later ups truck dropped of 2 packages I was wondering what they were I opened one up and I was my cva electra. I opened the other another cva electra. both had a note in them saying how sorry they were about the big mix up. and the original electra was repaired and it was the breech plug and
the new cva electra was on them for the inconvenience.

I WAS NOT TO MAD ANY MORE  THEY DIDNT  HAVE TO DO THAT I JUST WANTED MINE REPAIRED  
so now I am looking at a cva acurra or a tc pro hunter xt..  but as you can imagine it a tough choice between the 2 companies we had totally different experiences
Back to top Go down
View user profile
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1285
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   November 30th 2014, 6:25 am

Quote :
T/C is not what it used to be before the sale to S&W.

TC qualty control and  customer service were sloppy and sorry long before the company was bought  by S&W.  i bought an Encore muzzleloader and five centerfire rifle barrels long before S&W bought TC. 

My Encore was an exercise in futility and frustration.  The ramrod thimbles were loose, the hinge pin was loose, the hammer spring was so weak it would not fire a centerfire round.  The receiver/barrel fit was sloppy and had side to side movement.  Three of the five centerfire rifle barrels i bought were not chambered correctly. 

Thanks to Bellms and my son, who managed a machine shop in Houston, TX; the gun is now just great.  The guys in that shop welded up and re-machined the frame to fit my three remaining barrels. 

TC  sells those Encores like hot cakes despite the fact that the guns are more sloppy than ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3704
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   November 30th 2014, 6:58 am

Very Happy

For what it's worth...........
I had a crack in the weld with one of my CVA V2's so, 
I called their customer service and explained the situation and they instructed me to send the entire rifle back. I did and 9 days later I received a brand new NIB V2, SS Accura. No questions asked............... nono
Like their slogan goes, " It's just a better gun ". IMHO, maybe that goes for their customer service also. Cool

Ray.......... :rtup

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anaconda44

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   November 30th 2014, 8:48 am

@hawgslayer wrote:
Very Happy

For what it's worth...........
I had a crack in the weld with one of my CVA V2's so, 
I called their customer service and explained the situation and they instructed me to send the entire rifle back. I did and 9 days later I received a brand new NIB V2, SS Accura. No questions asked............... nono
Like their slogan goes, " It's just a better gun ". IMHO, maybe that goes for their customer service also. Cool

Ray.......... :rtup

they must have got better in the lately  9 days is better than 15 weeks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14399
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   November 30th 2014, 11:07 am

Always come to us when CS is giving you a hard time, I go directly to the CEO or VP and get it taken care of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.   

Back to top Go down

Major problems with Smith & Wesson/ T/C Cust. serv.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: