Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

.... My back up rifle for the season..........

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3706
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: .... My back up rifle for the season..........   November 10th 2014, 7:41 pm

t up
Saturday I took my T/C PA Hunter .50 cal to the range to check it's zero and I was really pleased with the out come. I was shooting 90 grains 2F Goex, .490 Hornady ball, .015 patch w/mink oil and CCI Mag #11's. It was clear, cold and sunny so I didn't worry about the barrel heating up. I fired 3 rounds from the 25 and then moved over to the 50. I'm very pleased with this rifle and have no problems leveling this T/C and shooting a deer out 75 yards or so. 

The low hole was the 1st shot in the morning but as you can see, once the barrel was dirty, she's right on the money :rtup

Ray.......... :suhlute

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14310
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: .... My back up rifle for the season..........   November 10th 2014, 8:19 pm

I'd say shes ready! Those new glasses seem to be doing the trick as well LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 4968
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: .... My back up rifle for the season..........   November 11th 2014, 2:42 am

Speaking of the new glasses, do you have any more information to share with us on the type of glasses and how they function?

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3706
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: .... My back up rifle for the season..........   November 11th 2014, 7:35 am

Bob, I wish I could tell you the secret of my glasses but I was sworn to secrecy. headslap
 Just joking buddy. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
I went for the eye test and the doc asked me where I was having the trouble and after the exam he asked me to draw the sights on my rifle on a sheet of paper that I was seeing but were fuzzy.
I draw the sights and then he asked a few questions and then told me to hold the paper out in front of me at arms length. He then fitted me with a pair of glasses that he could remove or add lens. Once the sights came into focus I told him I could see them fine. I then asked about distance. He then told me to go look outside. I did so and I had no problem seeing forever. 
Regardless of what some may say, I can see the SIGHTS, and the Targets clear as my targets show.
I wish I had a better answer for you.

Ray............. :rtup

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inline50

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: .... My back up rifle for the season..........   November 11th 2014, 8:23 am

Nice shooting!

I knew an elderly billiards player that had his optometrist fit him with a special pair of glasses based on his sight distance when he aims down the cue.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .... My back up rifle for the season..........   

Back to top Go down

.... My back up rifle for the season..........
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: