HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

New to muzzle loading - CVA Optima V2 - primer seating question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
midmo1

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-12-09

PostSubject: New to muzzle loading - CVA Optima V2 - primer seating question   December 9th 2014, 2:20 pm

Hello,

Im new to muzzle loading and I have a question. My CVA Optima V2 does not allow the Triple 7 209 primer to seat all the way in the breech plug. The lip of the primer is off the seat what looks like .075". It is just below flush with the breech plug so when I close the barrel it is close to the firing pin. Is this normal? Im just wondering because the gun came with removal tools as if the primer will be closer to the breech plug.

To confirm my suspicion I ordered a second breech plug and the primer will not seat in it either. I am not able to upload pictures but I do have some that clearly show this.

It does shoot this way. I just want to feel better about it before taking it to the woods.

Thanks,
Ernie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14399
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: New to muzzle loading - CVA Optima V2 - primer seating question   December 9th 2014, 5:54 pm

Thats normal. Some times the primers fatten up and get stuck in the breech plug and that tool is needed for primer removal. Its a rare thing that I've experienced over the years but still a tool I carry in my shooting box.

Welcome to the forum as well Ernie! Great to have another muzzleloader junkie with us on here. :rtup

Jonathan
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
midmo1

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-12-09

PostSubject: Re: New to muzzle loading - CVA Optima V2 - primer seating question   December 9th 2014, 6:04 pm

Ok that is a relief. Need to finish sighting it in because black powder season opens in 11 days!
Thanks for the help and the welcome!
Ernie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to muzzle loading - CVA Optima V2 - primer seating question   

Back to top Go down

New to muzzle loading - CVA Optima V2 - primer seating question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: