CVA Accura MR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GMB19

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: CVA Accura MR   December 30th 2014, 11:51 am

I am trying to decide on which MR to get.  The one with the Nitride sounds interesting, but I saw that there were some flaking issues on the receiver.  Has that been resolved, and if so, starting when?
Is the breechplug coated as well?
I also saw that the DNZ mount is preferred.  What would be a good scope to consider?

It does seem that all of the Accura MRs are good shooters!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9492
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   December 30th 2014, 12:11 pm

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
org57

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   December 30th 2014, 1:35 pm

I am the individual with the NITRIDE finish which flaked. I was told by BPI that the only item with the nitride finish is the barrel inside and out, the receiver was painted black. They are replacing mine with a new receiver which they have painted and then baked the finish for a stronger finish. Be aware that the side of the receiver will be the same. If scratched by a tree or a nail it could scratch off. If a problem they will correct it with no questions asked. It is still a great rifle. I was told that the stainless steel (silver) V2 is the same way with the receiver, it could scratch also. They said that if the nitride barrel EVER gets a rust pit or rust through it will be replaced immediately. Hope this helps good luck. The part that flaked off was below the firing pin housing which was painted only.
" />
Back to top Go down
View user profile
org57

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   December 30th 2014, 1:43 pm

The BH 209 BP can not be nitride because the lip which goes inside the barrel became brittle and broke off after the nitride was applied. They tried some other solution but nothing yet. I was advised that I could just paint the  outside black. The original BP is already painted black. Hope this helps. Jon (frontier Muzzleloader can add to this, as he cleaned, set-up and zeroed my rifle for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GMB19

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   December 30th 2014, 2:39 pm

Thanks for the assistance.
There is a lot of info on this site, and it is a lot of help.
Perhaps the stainless steel is for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Remi

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   December 31st 2014, 7:28 am

Hmmm - guess I'll keep an eye on mine. I really wish that they would put better effort into this. The MR, IMO, is a phenomenal rifle - but you'd think for their "flagship" rifles they could do better in this area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anaconda44

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   January 1st 2015, 2:07 pm

Are you saying that the regular  stainless muzzleloaders receivers are not stainless just painted to match the barrel.?

FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14399
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   January 1st 2015, 2:23 pm

They have always been like this guys.

The silver on your Optima, Accura V1, Accura V2, MR, are painted over an alloy frame. It has held up best over any black coating or tan coating has ever used for some reason. Plus when it does scratch, the alloy under it matches it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
org57

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   January 1st 2015, 2:28 pm

I will advise how the new receiver looks compared to the old one. Mark told me it will be baked on and should last a lot longer. However I believe that if it DOES get scratched on the outside, the true alloy color, which I believe is silver will show through, but you should be able to touch it up with black paint. I am not sure I am going to be to happy with this. I have had the stainless V2 with the silver alloy receiver and noticed the face of the receiver at the firing pin housing, got scratched or rubbed off but the silver alloy matched pretty good. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
org57

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   January 5th 2015, 8:35 am

Spoke with BPI this morning and was informed that the new Nitride rifles for the up coming year will have the BLACK CHROME finish applied to the receiver. I was advised that the installer who did the black chrome finish was having a problem with the application building up around the firing pin housing and the trigger area. He advise that the problem has been solved at this point and the black chrome finish was being applied to the receiver. It is a very hard finish but like any of the other finishes (i.e. silver v2's) they all will scratch if hit against a nail of rubbed against any concrete. The new rifles with nitride finish will have the black chrome finish on the receiver group for the 2015 year sales. All the receivers are of an ALLOY FINISH AND ARE PAINTED. As JON said the silver V2 is a painted finish and will scratch as well but the silver alloy under the paint is a close match which is not as apparent as the black finish when scratched with the silver alloy underneath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anaconda44

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   January 5th 2015, 2:33 pm

Just a heads up midway usa has the cva acuura mr on clearance for 335.20

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/737133/cva-accura-mr-magnum-muzzleloader-rifle-with-dead-on-scope-mount-50-caliber-25-fluted-stainless-steel-barrel-synthetic-stock-realtree-max1-camo?cm_vc=ProductFinding  also15.00 of for your fist time buying from them.

there defiantly have to be some changes coming on them to have a clearance price on it.

dlethcoe

Male Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   January 5th 2015, 3:21 pm

That is the first one they came out with. Thats one of the reason they are on sale.

Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   January 5th 2015, 3:39 pm

I dont see it having the original barrel finish which is a really good deal.
Back to top Go down
anaconda44

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   January 5th 2015, 4:38 pm

is this missing something the current models don't have in the reg. stainless version.?
really thinking hard on getting one./ if its a good price.?

does anyone know if the accura is available in black thumbhole version

FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   January 5th 2015, 5:32 pm

No MR is available with the T hole yet. I really like the thumbhole V2 accura though.
Back to top Go down
cvilorio
FML's
FML's

Number of posts : 1572
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   January 5th 2015, 8:23 pm

Guys not to contradict any one, but it does not matter what kind of finish you put on that receiver, whether is black chrome, nitrite black, nitrite silver of what ever other finish is out there, where there is two metal parts that come together and move as in the case of the barrel closing on the receiver, it will remove the finish regardless of what nay says, and specially where the guns hinges. That is the reason that when they put this kind of finishes on a blot gun they do not put it on the bolt since it will come off. It does not hurt the gun, the anti rust treatment stays in place. I hope this explains it \.
Carlos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cyclone

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-01-04

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   January 6th 2015, 4:31 pm

@anaconda44 wrote:
Just a heads up midway usa has the cva acuura mr on clearance for 335.20

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/737133/cva-accura-mr-magnum-muzzleloader-rifle-with-dead-on-scope-mount-50-caliber-25-fluted-stainless-steel-barrel-synthetic-stock-realtree-max1-camo?cm_vc=ProductFinding  also15.00 of for your fist time buying from them.

there defiantly have to be some changes coming on them to have a clearance price on it.

From what I saw it is the second time they lowered the price.  They had my attention when they sent me an email with the price at 359.  I saw the price  this past Saturday drop to 335.  I jumped on it.  Considering my other in-line is an old Knight Disc rifle, this one will hopefully be my primary hunter..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hdvades

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2015-03-05

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   March 5th 2015, 5:10 am

Hi there folks, I'm new to this site, but a long time f/l m/l shooter. Been shooting a Wolf package rifle I purchased a few years ago (2012), it shoots great, but I've been eyeing the Accura MR since it came out. so here's my questions: I have the last 2014 Accura MR Nitride Package deal coming from Midway that I got for $545+shipping=$560 total. The LGS has 2013 MR Weatherguard's in black for $379 and 1014 MR SS for $359 (plus tax). Although I properly maintain my rifles, I'm sort of leaning towards the Nitride process. Should I just get the one from Midway that was discounted, one of the ones on close out at the LGS, or wait for a new one? (I would probably get a new one from Carlos at Ed's, because of the great prices and his knowledge if I wait for the 2015. Our LGS here has a 2014 MR Nitride here, but it's $519.) The 2015's have a new finish on their receivers and I don't know if that's a big deal. I must say that I have been extremely pleased with CVA's customer service. Midway says I can return the one I have coming if I want to, but please do it quick because it was their last one at that price and it was on clearance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GregK

Male Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   March 5th 2015, 6:25 am

I have the newest edition MR but I went stainless. Hunted with it in a lot of crappy weather last year.....no issues, but I am meticulous about keeping my guns clean. CVA had made great improvements on the Nitride finish which now includes the breech plug & I believe the receiver too. I would wait for the 2015 models & get it from Carlos. There are just WAY too many advantages to buying it from Carlos. 

Greg

McRem 40cal SML

LEUPOLD 4-12X40 VX-R 30mm, CDS, FIRE DOT
CEB 40/240, 76gr IMR 4895
2600 ft/s

CVA APEX .358 SML & .45 ML
LUEPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R CDS, FIRE DOT, WIND PLEX

Knight Mountainer LTD
45cal / 1-20 twist
LEUPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R 30mm WIND PLEX CDS FIREDOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-53

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2014-12-09

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   March 5th 2015, 7:04 am

I agree with Greg..I have bought 3 Accuras from Carlos including the MR...and CVA has great CS..so if the finish does by chance chip off ..they will replace it..The big ADVANTAGE of getting from Carlos is the after sales service and Advice and help...and his Knowledge of CVA rifles...and making them shoot right...

Now if you get the package with the Konus scope the eye relief is 3" and it was not enough for me..so i removed it...I was afraid of getting BIT by it..lol...and replaced it with a Vortex..so now i have a new Konus 3x10x44 sitting waiting to put on a smaller CF rifle or sell it...

and another advantage is how close you are to Carlos...most items arrive in 3-4 days tops...as I am not far from you...and I order it seems like every 3 weeks from Carlos for Supplies and scopes an powder...

Now the NR is a great rifle..it will shoot any thing you stuff down it...

Good luck which ever way you decide to buy..but most important ..ENJOY shooting...

Last edited by Al-53 on March 5th 2015, 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
org57

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   March 5th 2015, 7:04 am

I just got a new CVA Nitride LR (long Rifle) (30" barrel)  from CVA in exchange for the nitride rifle that I had the problem with the finish flaking on the receiver (AT NO EXTRA CHARGE, EVEN EXCHANGE). It is one of the NEW shipments that CVA received on Feb 16th" The finish on the frame is perfect. I spoke with CVA and some of the 27" CVA V2 50 CAL rifles had a problem with the re-done finish on the frame. It was applied to thick. When you pulled on the trigger release to drop the barrel it would scratch the inside of the frame housing because the finish was to thick. I was told the newer rifles were re done and are now alright. I see no problem with my new LR. I WAS ALSO ADVSED THAT THE 27" 50 CAL NITRIDE RIFLE WOULD EVENTUALLY REPLACE THE STAINLESS V2, AND THAT THEY HAD 600 ON HAND AT THIS MOMENT AND 2000 MORE ON PO WHICH HAS NOT COME IN. HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE. IF IT WERE I, THEN I WOULD WAIT FOR THE NEW 2015 RIFLES TO BE SENT AND KEEP IN TOUCH WITH CARLOS, HE WILL NOT LEAD YOU ASTRAY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hdvades

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2015-03-05

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   March 5th 2015, 8:59 am

Thanks for all the quick replies. I'm going to pass on the left over MR from Midway and deal with Carlos.I also get a little nervous thinking about the limited eye relief of the Konus scope. Just got done checking CVA's site, I think one of the new MR's or the Optima V2 Nitride (less $$$) will suit me fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
org57

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   March 5th 2015, 9:01 am

I think that is a smart move. I as well as other members have scopes for sale which I know you can find one that will suit you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-53

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2014-12-09

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   March 5th 2015, 9:07 am

To be Honest here..A friend of mine on here just got the new Optima..did bullet tests with it..and said its a great shooter...never seen a bad report on the Optima..many on here have them also...

and yes the konus is a nice scope with good glass for what it is..but more suited for something like a .243 or low recoil rifle....the few times I shot with it on the rifle i had safty glasses on also..I heard an felt the scope tick them...now in a deer hunting situation..and excitement...it could be a bloody mess..lol...I been bit before many many years ago..with a 7mm mag...still have the scar...i am A 4 INCH OR BETTER GUY NOW....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlethcoe

Male Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   March 5th 2015, 9:34 am

@hdvades wrote:
Thanks for all the quick replies. I'm going to pass on the left over MR from Midway and deal with Carlos.I also get a little nervous thinking about the limited eye relief of the Konus scope. Just got done checking CVA's site, I think one of the new MR's or the Optima V2 Nitride (less $$$) will suit me fine.
I received one of the New OPIMAS V2 with the NITRIDE coating with the thumb hole stock from Carlos, It has the Bushnell DOA 250 Scope on it, I have done a couple of write up's on it in the Range Report, for sighting it in. I also have 2 of the MR's but they are both in the SS, So far I have not found a bullet that either one will not shoot well, and I believe that the Optima will be the same way. The Optima has either the standard stock or you can get it with the TH stock, Carlos had both of these at the shop a while ago. Either gun, you will not be disappointed with, they are very accurate and fun to shoot.

Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   

Back to top Go down

CVA Accura MR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: