View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Klondike Jim

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2015-02-03

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   March 5th 2015, 10:56 am

@org57 wrote:
The BH 209 BP can not be nitride because the lip which goes inside the barrel became brittle . The original BP is already painted black.

Got a BH209 plug coming from Carlos. What do I use to paint the new plug black to match my Nitride?
And congrats on your new MR.  CVA has been good to work with so far, for me.  I thought about the LR but was told they didn't have them (dealer not CVA), and I didn't asked when I ordered.  But for my close range (100yd or less), didn't really need LR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-53

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2014-12-09

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   March 5th 2015, 11:04 am

you can use hi heat ceramic paint...get at auto parts store....tape of the threads and primer pocket area....after cleaning good with alcohol...spray it ..let dry an spray again...lite coats..let dry again..then heat over to 350...put plug in for 10 minutes..let cool..all done..i did mine that way...works great...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito141

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-04-12

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   April 14th 2015, 7:08 pm

New to frontier muzzleloading site. Just purchased the CVA Accura Lr and have been reading some posts regarding load combos. I have read Carlos's report and I know I'll have to see what my gun will like but I'm looking for a good starting point. I have used 777 with 777 primers and power belt rounds with other muzzleloaders I have. I have heard that the scorpion pt's with blackhorn 209 are a good combo. Has anyone tried the pt's with white hots? Any help would be greatly appreciated. How do I contact Carlos about powder,bullets, primers, and info on other items? Is Ed's Gun shop in NC where he is located?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3704
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   April 14th 2015, 7:46 pm

Vito141,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.........

Call him at the gun shop.  He usually has everything in stock that most of us use. GOOD LUCK Exclamation Exclamation

Ray............. :rtup

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14398
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   April 14th 2015, 8:12 pm

Welcome to the forum Vito!

You should get good results with the whitehots and PT Gold bullets. Just swab lightly between each shot as they still produce a crud ring which makes reloading difficult.

You can find Carlos in the Classifieds section under Ed's gun shop. Theres a spot where you can ask Eds gun shop a question and Carlos will get in touch with you.

Jonathan
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Vito141

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-04-12

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   April 15th 2015, 6:25 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the Classifieds 1st then may have to call
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr1445

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-05-02

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   May 2nd 2015, 3:27 pm

new heren with a question. I picked up a 50 cva accura mp weatherguard with scope mount, 2 jugs of blackhorn 209 [1 opened], a brick of cci 209m primers, over 100 295 powerbelts, and a bunch of other stuff, jags, starter rods etc.etc. The rifle is mint, fellow had to give up hunting and had only sighted in the rifle at the range. It came with 2 each breechplugs for bh209 and black powder. i read that no iron sights are available for the mr, the one i have has the tan finish and it has one each hole drilled and tapped for a front and rear sight, is there a sight that fits? also i have been shooting t7 in my other rifles [tc omega and black diamond] is there a % reduction to get the same fps with bh209? thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9492
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   May 2nd 2015, 3:44 pm

@dr1445 wrote:
new heren with a question. I picked up a 50 cva accura mp weatherguard with scope mount, 2 jugs of blackhorn 209 [1 opened], a brick of cci 209m primers, over 100 295 powerbelts, and a bunch of other stuff, jags, starter rods etc.etc. The rifle is mint, fellow had to give up hunting and had only sighted in the rifle at the range. It came with 2 each breechplugs for bh209 and black powder. i read that no iron sights are available for the mr, the one i have has the tan finish and it has one each hole drilled and tapped for a front and rear sight, is there a sight that fits? also i have been shooting t7 in my other rifles [tc omega and black diamond] is there a % reduction to get the same fps with bh209? thanks
It's not that the CVA sights won't fit. It's that the comb of the stock is made for a scope, and it's too high for open sights.

The new MR's don't even come drilled and tapped.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr1445

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   May 3rd 2015, 3:42 am

never been faced with that problem, always the other way around. just curious, what about the butt stock from a v2 or the optima?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9492
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   May 3rd 2015, 7:48 am

The MR has an Apex receiver and stock. I'm not sure the other model stocks will fit. I'm thinking they won't, but never tried it.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14398
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   May 3rd 2015, 10:01 am

No, they will not fit.

The only rear sight option available is the SeeAll sight and it will take some getting used to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
dr1445

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   May 4th 2015, 3:04 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detachable-Rear-Sight-A2-Style-Dual-Peep-Fully-Adjustable-Rail-Mount-223-/261606338197
i have one of these rear sights which will fit a weaver style base. finding a front sight is more problematic, most likely it would need to be custom made and require drilling & taping a second hole in the barrel and tan coating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   

Back to top Go down

CVA Accura MR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: