Golf Club Driver to Cleaning Rod Conversion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Golf Club Driver to Cleaning Rod Conversion   January 25th 2015, 12:47 pm

Here is a period correct , custom, fiberglass with metal rod core cleaning or ramrod made from an old golf driver.

It was a chore to remove the windings around the rod that reinforced the wooden head and to use a hammer and chisel to chip off the glued-on wood driver head.
Then, I used a sharp blade to trim the tip to accept the ramrod brass tip for 10 mm accessories. Finally, I pinned the tip for security.
The result: a rod just like Daniel Boone used!
Ron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14399
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Driver to Cleaning Rod Conversion   January 25th 2015, 1:21 pm

Best use I have ever seen for a golf club!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5109
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Driver to Cleaning Rod Conversion   January 25th 2015, 4:09 pm

If that had a real wooden head, you probably could have sold it for quite a bit.

I had an all-wood #3 wood (spoonie?) that my neighbor gave me when I was a kid. I left it at home when I left and my younger brother later sold it for $70 in 1979. That would be about $200 or so in today's dollars.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Driver to Cleaning Rod Conversion   January 25th 2015, 5:21 pm

That head dated back to the 1980s and was glued fast to the shaft. I thought of various ways to remove it and settled on the brute force method - hammer and chisel. Rolling Eyes  Didn't even think that it might be valuable.
Ron

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Club Driver to Cleaning Rod Conversion   

Back to top Go down

Golf Club Driver to Cleaning Rod Conversion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: