HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hopkin/Allen .45 underhammer Boot pistol

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dbowling

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2014-01-22

PostSubject: Hopkin/Allen .45 underhammer Boot pistol   January 31st 2015, 1:20 pm

Ive got a friend who has 2 of these pistols,one is new in box never fired or taken out of box, the other he said he fired it maybe a dozen times and put it away, one is 50 yrs old the other around 40 yrs old..hes 78 yrs old and has decided thjat he is never going to fire them again and wants me to find out the value of them so he can sell them...I would offer to buy them from him but Im just not much of a bp pistol guy unless used for hunting.These are not kit guns were fully assembled when purchased, the older one thats been fired came with bullet mold, short starter and a little roll up bag to put tools in, he still has everything..
Anyone know the value of these guns, have searched the net but only cam up with posts 5-9 yrs old...thanks for any info/help..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 4957
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Hopkin/Allen .45 underhammer Boot pistol   January 31st 2015, 2:46 pm

There's a fellow on this board who makes his own underhammer guns. His name is Bart Sr. He probably can tell you.

I would be interested if he sells them for a moderate price. See the link below.

http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t7340-just-joined-i-like-underhammer-stuff?highlight=underhammer

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randy Johnson

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2014-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hopkin/Allen .45 underhammer Boot pistol   January 31st 2015, 2:55 pm

When they were new and still being produced they were dirt cheap.

They seldom show up on any of the gun auction sites, but when they do they bring a pretty good price.
I live where I can go to Friendship and a few antique arms shows every year. I can't remember the last time I saw one. It will be hard to put an asking price simply because there are so few of them being sold. His best bet is online auction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randy Johnson

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2014-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hopkin/Allen .45 underhammer Boot pistol   January 31st 2015, 2:57 pm

And just as I hit the send button.......

He might also try a phone call to Track of the Wolf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dbowling

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2014-01-22

PostSubject: pistol   January 31st 2015, 5:33 pm

I will give TOW a call for him, he knows nothing about blackpowder, these pistols were his only venture into it, hes a centerfire reloader/pistol shooter...
 If he wants me to when I find out what they are worth and what he wants will post them for sale here..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hopkin/Allen .45 underhammer Boot pistol   

Back to top Go down

Hopkin/Allen .45 underhammer Boot pistol
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: