First Shoot with CVA Hawken built by Frontiergander

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: First Shoot with CVA Hawken built by Frontiergander   January 31st 2015, 4:21 pm

We had one, brief interlude of decent weather and I took the CVA to my local club near Idaho Springs, CO.
The ground was messy with snow and newly melted mud, but that didn't effect the shooting. Tall mountains are on both the north and south of the range, so direct winter sunlight only hits it from about 10 am to 3 or 3:30 pm.
There was a significant wind, but I was protected some by the berms bounding the range.
I shot a few balls to get the feel of the rifle, then I produced this target at 50 yards:

.490 balls, 0.015 pre-lubed commercial patches, 50 gr Goex powder. I shot sitting with my elbow resting on the bench.
The rifle was very comfortable to shoot. My 68 year old eyes with developing cataracts is the limiting factor for my accuracy.
Thank you, Jonathan.
Ron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14399
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: First Shoot with CVA Hawken built by Frontiergander   January 31st 2015, 4:25 pm

Glad you like it Ron! Now get some .020" patches. They are tight to load at the muzzle but man that sucker will stack them!

Can't even argue about that for elbow shootin!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com

First Shoot with CVA Hawken built by Frontiergander
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: