A little trivia in regards to the CVA Flintlock Mountain Rifle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: A little trivia in regards to the CVA Flintlock Mountain Rifle   February 12th 2015, 4:00 pm

I sent a letter to CVA requesting any information regarding the history of my CVA .58 cal. Flintlock Mountain Rifle.  The following is the reply I received from Ken Morgan, CVA customer service.

"Joe,

The Mountain Rifle was made from the mid 1980s through 1994.  The flintlock was only made in the 1980s.  The exact year is impossible to determine.  Before 1995 there was no date of manufacture in the serial number so it is not possible to date your rifle exactly.  All of the barrels had a 1-66” twist.  All of the barrels were made in Spain except for one year when the factory was being renovated and the barrels were made in Vermont I believe.  The flintlock is a rare bird in the Mountain Rifle model.  Only about 500 or so were ever made, maybe less".

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”   Will Rogers

Semper Fi……..

Cabelas Investarm Hawken .58 Cal. Flintlock
Pennsylvania Fowler 20 ga.  (.62 Cal.)  Flintlock
Isaac Haines rifle .50 Cal  Flintlock
CVA Accura MR (Nitride) .50 Cal.
T/C Encore .50 Cal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huntin_Dawg1215

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: A little trivia in regards to the CVA Flintlock Mountain Rifle   February 14th 2015, 1:25 pm

Hey that is good information to know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Admin

Male Number of posts : 14267
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: A little trivia in regards to the CVA Flintlock Mountain Rifle   February 14th 2015, 1:48 pm

Very good to know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com Online
andyman202

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: A little trivia in regards to the CVA Flintlock Mountain Rifle   February 28th 2015, 6:14 pm

I disagree on years of manufacture....I have a .50 cal Mountain I purchased in early seventies (and still shoot and hunt with) and a .50 cal flinter Mountain I purchased in early 80's. Last year, my foster son bought a .54 cal Mountain that was still in a complete kit (amazingly, in the original box with all the parts for $250.00) and had the original sales receipt in the box for $99.00 dated July 1978. As a note, I see parts for all the calibers on ebay alot (you can sell the parts but not the whole gun...stoopid or what??Just seem morally wrong to me to sell a gun kit part by part...just saying).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little trivia in regards to the CVA Flintlock Mountain Rifle   

Back to top Go down

A little trivia in regards to the CVA Flintlock Mountain Rifle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: