HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Traditions Vortek NW Ultalight Magnum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cjpepa

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-02-15

PostSubject: Traditions Vortek NW Ultalight Magnum   February 15th 2015, 12:03 pm

Any ideas on good loads for this gun to start?

Currently loading 85 grains of 777 and 460 grain no excuses bullets with so, so accuracy.  not overly impressed (although could be more me than the load)  Here in Oregon we are limited to no sabots, plastic bases or tips.  full bore size conicals or balls (just allowed non-lead last year!), open ignition and sights!

looking at Thor and the new Federal BOR- butt I don't believe they will be legal for Mzldr only hunts, but looking to use mine for general season as well- then I can scope it and use whatever load works best.

thanks for any input

CJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14399
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Vortek NW Ultalight Magnum   February 15th 2015, 12:35 pm

Colorado Thor should be oregon legal, its under 1" OAL and no plastic.

You may consider backing down on your powder load or even switch to pyrodex P. Pyro P does well with heavy conical bullets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
cjpepa

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Vortek NW Ultalight Magnum   February 15th 2015, 1:43 pm

Thanks for the info!  I started with Pyrodex P and had similar results as 777 although with MUCH more fouling and grime! 

Was hoping to use Blackhorn 209 but with the NW edition I am using musket caps and no 209 ignition for us here in the NW!

Like the 777 and have adjusted up and down 15 grains or so-  no significant change. 

Sent off for a sizing kit from Thor and will see about those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Vortek NW Ultalight Magnum   

Back to top Go down

Traditions Vortek NW Ultalight Magnum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: