Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5109
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used.   March 10th 2015, 2:59 pm

I installed sling studs and a sling on the Bobcat and then loaded it with 40 grs. of 2FG and a .490 PRB. The ramrod wouldn't seat due to interference from the screw and nut in the front sling stud. I got out the Dremel and a heatless stone and ground it down and polished it. Then I cold-blued it and coated it with RIG.

I shot the load twice from 40 yards while standing and leaning against a tree. It produced no felt recoil even though I only had on a T-shirt.

The shots were very low but grouped together. I'm going to try 40 gr. of 3FG then move up to 45 grs. and finally 50 grs. of 2FG.
I will stop if it kicks at all because I don't want it to punish my granddaughter. She didn't like the recoil of a single-shot .410 with five 000 buckshot.
If it doesn't print higher, I'll shorten the front sight.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1651
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used.   March 10th 2015, 3:32 pm

Perfect rifle for your granddaughter.  It will be a proud moment for you when she bags that first deer with a muzzleloader!

So you want to be a gun maker....do you like filing?  >:^)

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: