AuthorMessage
CoyoteChuck52
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: .32cal Crockett   May 6th 2015, 11:26 pm

My new Elk rifle Laughing
Been on the bucket list for awhile and seen IN Stock at  http://www.muzzle-loaders.com/muzzleloader-rifles.php

So I thought what hell I'll try one of the small bore M/Lers out. Anyone playing with the 32cal???

Don't pass up on the first day what you would take on the last..

You can't stop stupid, all you can do is be prepared when stupid comes your way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9488
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: .32cal Crockett   May 7th 2015, 6:43 am

I've thought about it for squirrels, but I don't really hunt for squirrels. I was 11 years old the last time I killed a squirrel.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Admin

Male Number of posts : 14277
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: .32cal Crockett   May 7th 2015, 10:11 am

great little rifles! Even on the strictly traditional forums, they are some of their favorites. They've gone up in price but its pretty rare to find a small bore muzzy these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 4959
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: .32cal Crockett   May 7th 2015, 3:04 pm

I've been looking for a .36 cal for a while. I've read that the .32s foul quickly due to the small diameter bore and have to be swabbed every shot or two. When there's a squirrel den tree, you don't want to spend your time swabbing.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilljack

Male Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2014-04-03

PostSubject: Re: .32cal Crockett   May 7th 2015, 4:41 pm

Built a 32 a while back and have been shooting it and I have not had the fouling that some people talk about...I don't overload it...I use 20 to 30 grains of Swiss 3f an "0" buckshot and .015 pocket drill with a small amount of lube...It is a flinter I call the Rat Wrecker...32's or 36's are a HOOT easy on the powder budget and if you buy buckshot by the 5 lb box it is really cheap also...

YMHS
Hilljack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoyoteChuck52
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: .32cal Crockett   May 7th 2015, 11:28 pm

@Hilljack wrote:
Built a 32 a while back and have been shooting it and I have not had the fouling that some people talk about...I don't overload it...I use 20 to 30 grains of Swiss 3f an "0" buckshot and .015 pocket drill with a small amount of lube...It is a flinter I call the Rat Wrecker...32's or 36's are a HOOT easy on the powder budget and if you buy buckshot by the 5 lb box it is really cheap also...

YMHS
Hilljack

.36 cal is on the list next...The 13yo Daughter walked in after school today and said "I want one Dad". I said Ah Hell...Here it's yours! My new M/L buddy I guess. Not a bad thing

http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/scheda-prodotto.asp/l_en/idpr_87/rifles-cub-dixie-cub-dixie-flintlock-model.html

Don't pass up on the first day what you would take on the last..

You can't stop stupid, all you can do is be prepared when stupid comes your way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: .32cal Crockett   May 8th 2015, 4:47 am

Having a daughter for a hunting buddy is a GREAT thing!  You're a lucky man.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”   Will Rogers

Semper Fi……..

Cabelas Investarm Hawken .58 Cal. Flintlock
Pennsylvania Fowler 20 ga.  (.62 Cal.)  Flintlock
Isaac Haines rifle .50 Cal  Flintlock
CVA Accura MR (Nitride) .50 Cal.
T/C Encore .50 Cal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hanshi

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: .32cal Crockett   May 12th 2015, 2:45 pm

I enjoyed my Crockett for over 12 years when I sold it to have a flinter built.  They are capable of sub 1" groups at 50 yards.  They're cheap to feed and major fun to shoot.  .32 caliber rifles DO NOT foul any worse than a .54; I could shoot mine all afternoon without wiping.  Don't sell them short, either; they leave the .22mag in the dust with their killing power.  The .32 is quite capable of handling coyote size varmints and at distances some wouldn't believe.  The .32 can be a mild rat/squirrel/rabbit round or a raging powerhouse and the Crockett is among the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.martialartsusa.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .32cal Crockett   

Back to top Go down

.32cal Crockett
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: