HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

fiber optic sights for a lyman .58 cal zouave

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
johnta

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-05-07

PostSubject: fiber optic sights for a lyman .58 cal zouave   May 7th 2015, 4:57 pm

greetings gents. new to your web sight. but i've been shooting blackpower since the '80's. i have a CVA .54 cal. mountain rifle and a trade gun (perdoselli brown bess, 36" barrel)both made from kits.  the trade gun i shoot as a shotgun(no rear sight) the .54 over the years i've had to fatten up the front blade and widden the buckhorn sight to keep up with my old man eyes. i was recently given a .58 cal zouave. i never thought i' want another muzzle loader 'cause the 2 i had were so much fun. but this zouave is a HOOT!! had to revise the front blade and reposition the back notch to get it to shoot for me. then i got thinking. i'd seen modern in-line CVA rifles with fiber optic sights that looked pretty sweet. so now i'm leaning to put fiber optic sights on the zouave. i know its not traditional, but it is practical, and old muzzle loaders were nothing but practical guys. so i'm looking around for sights that would be copisetic for my project.  any one out there preformed this kind of surgery before or have any imput as to which are quality sights. if i could find sights with a steel base, i guess i could silver solder'em on myself. i've seen some with alumium bases that that would need drilling and taping the barrel. i know a gun smith that could handle that, but thats not my 1st choice. i thank you ahead of time for any info my might have and for finding this web site.            johnta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3704
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: fiber optic sights for a lyman .58 cal zouave   May 7th 2015, 7:17 pm

Very Happy

WELCOME ABOARD johnta. Glad you found the place. Good place to come to with your questions. There 's a bunch of good guys here that are always hanging around that could help you out. Glad your here.

Ray............ Shooter

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sqezer

Male Number of posts : 1736
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: fiber optic sights for a lyman .58 cal zouave   May 7th 2015, 8:08 pm

WELCOME ABOARD.

.45 Knight Disc Extreme MHSDE SS composit stock
.50 Knight Mountaineer Laminated stock
.50 Knight Disc Elite
.50 Knight Disc Extreme X 3
.50 Knight Long Range Hunter
.52 Knight Disc Extreme Winter Camo stock
.45 CVA Apex & 7mm-08
.50 CVA APEX
.45 CVA MagHunter X 5
.50 CVA Buckhorn Mag X 4
.50 CVA Wolf Shorty