A Treasure Trove of Modern Guns in a Safe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: A Treasure Trove of Modern Guns in a Safe   June 24th 2015, 3:28 pm

I bump into a fellow at the local gun shop regularly over the years. WE started talking and he invited me to his home to see his collection of modern guns.
Woweee! As they say in Colorado nowadays, that's some good stuff, man!
He had at least 4 Colt Pythons. Two of them still had their original tags from the store and have never been shot. One was quite a long barrel.
He had an Anaconda with a very long barrel that also was "new," never shot; an S&W prototype revolver that never made it to market and a number of other fine revolvers and pistols.

Of the rifles, the one that caught my attention was a National Match M14 with all the bedding and top parts from the custom shop one might expect for such a gun.

There was a cover over a rather large rifle. He whipped off the cover and there stood a 50 cal (a BFM?). It wasn't a Barrett.

The fellow had more reloading powder than most, local gunshops.

He doesn't have a traditional muzzleloader! I forgive him for now, but that will have to be rectified. Very Happy 
Ron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 4997
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Trove of Modern Guns in a Safe   June 24th 2015, 5:18 pm

In my book an unfired gun is a travesty. I would gladly help him break them in. Twisted Evil

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Trove of Modern Guns in a Safe   June 24th 2015, 5:50 pm

I agree patocazador, Bob. There was a certain level of discomfort being in the presence of these highly tuned virgins.
But they were beautiful! The blued one had coloring so deep you could dive off a high board into it.
Ron

conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Trove of Modern Guns in a Safe   November 4th 2015, 3:06 pm

When still working we had about 100 retired telcom engineers we worked with and trained with on new products. Several of these gentlemen loved one or two brands of guns, and with me having an FFL and Class 3 lic. they had a field day ordering what they liked. I would charge them 10% above the going prices seen in Shot Gun News (that's about a 22% - 26% savings). Every pay day they would spend their pay check with their shopping lists (a Friday lunch time deal). Man I had more Colts and Smiths being delivered to my house than most dealers, talk about a 'kitchen table' operation... WOW

Like you said all these guns purchased for over 5 years never saw the light of day, they sat in their original brown paper, inside their original box and packing sleeves with in large gun safes.

[quote] He had an Anaconda with a very long barrel that also was "new," never shot; an S&W prototype revolver that never made it to market and a number of other fine revolvers and pistols. [\quote]  His name wasn't Bob Sh... a retired from Western Electric and US West Communications guy, living in northeast Denver. I sold a bunch of guns like mentioned to these guys, reason I asked when still in your area in - Lakewood Co.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
RonC
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Trove of Modern Guns in a Safe   November 4th 2015, 5:07 pm

His name wasn't Bob, Connor.
This is a fellow, though, who spends all his money left over after bills on guns, and then some. If he isn't buying guns, he is thinking of buying them. It might be a little compulsive, but I really shouldn't judge given my tendencies to collect.
Ron

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Trove of Modern Guns in a Safe   

Back to top Go down

A Treasure Trove of Modern Guns in a Safe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: