View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: I did it again - New Rifle   September 8th 2015, 11:37 am

I sold an old dual-sport motorcycle and had some cash in hand that was supposed to go to some household fix-up.
Went to the State muzzle loader shoot and there before me lay a collection of rifles someone is selling.
I told my wife before leaving home that I wasn't looking to buy any more muzzleloaders even though I had just sold the bike. Sigh!
I came home with this 50 cal "Hawken" style that was built for Senior Class Rifle Competition and used for a 1st place finish in a woods walk. It has a Redfield Olympic Receiver and front sight. The only piece I don't care for is the front ramrod thimble that is a simple loop attached by a hex-star screw into the bottom of the barrel. That will be changed when I find a more correct thimble that will mount there using a screw with a less modern head.

The rifle has been around for a while and was built by a local fellow, Al Anderson, I was told. The Redfield Olympic Receiver Sights were made between the 1940s and 1976, so I suspect that the rifle is 20 years or more old. I'll have to contact the builder to check. He kept it in immaculate condition. The bore is beautiful.

Jonathan, that may make the CVA I bought from you expendable, as great a gun as it is.
Ron
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I did it again - New Rifle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: