Share | 

QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ourway77

Male Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2011-02-11

PostSubject: QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra   January 16th 2016, 2:55 am

I want another ML'er but am still out on the above two. I have always had Remington rifles but never had an Accura V2 or a CVA for that matter. I have always considered CVA inferior to other makes. But the more I read the more impressed I am with the CVA. Decisions, Decisions
I guess maybe I should just buy both. I have heard that the brass for priming for the Remington has a very short life and are very expensive? I have just started back into shooting and hunting after an absence of 3 years. I am having a Remington 700 ML being converted to smokeless and just bought a 45-70 Buffalo Classic it is being converted to smokeless. I see more right ups for the CVA than I do for the Remington please make up my mind for me. Thanks Lou
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clyde

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra   January 16th 2016, 5:44 am

I've shot about 4 CVA's never had a complaint or breakage,  they seem to be set-up with BH 209 in mind.  The Remington well the issue with me would be more the company more than maybe the gun, in that if they pull out of the muzzleloading market as they have done in the past where do you get the brass they use to prime it and I've not heard much good about their quality control lately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SCHUNTER

Male Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2012-05-23

PostSubject: Re: QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra   January 16th 2016, 6:38 pm

The Remington Ulitmate makes a great action to build a sml off of.  I have no use for shooting 200 grains of pellets.  If you want a gun to shoot BH209 out of just go the CVA and save yourself some money and spend it on the sml's you are having built or better glass.

.45 Knight Ultra Lite/Brux 1:20 Twist
.45 McRem SML Black Ice
.45 Hankins SML
.40 RemPac SML
Back to top Go down
View user profile
biddler2

Male Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2011-11-14

PostSubject: Re: QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra   January 16th 2016, 6:49 pm

Fundamentally nothing is wrong with the Remmington but a sml will do everything it can do and better.  Since you are having one built off of the old 700 ml you are aware of what they can do. If you are only going to shoot BH209 or other subs than the CVA's are a better option for the money. You don't need to spend the Ultimate money to shot 200-300 yards.

GregK

Male Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra   January 17th 2016, 8:16 am

Go with the V2, unless you want the Rem for a conversion.

CVA has really stepped up their guns in the last few years. If you want to burn BH209 in a very accurate gun without breaking the bank to pay for a name then go with CVA.

My APEX shot a 3/4 inch 3 shot group at 200 yards (yes, off of a bench) using 110gr BH209 (by volume) a Bloodline 458/220 bullet, in a MMP 458/50 sabot. I don't care what kind of non SML you buy, it's not going to shoot any better. If you can tighten that group what difference is it going to make?

Call Carlos at Ed's Gun Shop 910-692-7936 & discuss your options. He is the best guy you will ever deal with & will NEVER steer you wrong. He'll even set up your gun for you if you like. It's really worth the call & anyone that has dealt with him or has been on the forum for a while will back me up on that.

The Rem has had some barrel bore roughness issues & unfortunately Big Green isn't the company it once was. There are a lot of issues with quality & customer service, so that's a factor to consider.

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck with your choice.

Greg

McRem 40cal SML

LEUPOLD 4-12X40 VX-R 30mm, CDS, FIRE DOT
CEB 40/240, 76gr IMR 4895
2600 ft/s

CVA APEX .358 SML & .45 ML
LUEPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R CDS, FIRE DOT, WIND PLEX

Knight Mountainer LTD
45cal / 1-20 twist
LEUPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R 30mm WIND PLEX CDS FIREDOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cvilorio
FML's
FML's

Number of posts : 1572
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra   January 17th 2016, 3:58 pm

@ourway77 wrote:
I want another ML'er but am still out on the above two. I have always had Remington rifles but never had an Accura V2 or a CVA for that matter. I have always considered CVA inferior to other makes. But the more I read the more impressed I am with the CVA. Decisions, Decisions
I guess maybe I should just buy both. I have heard that the brass for priming for the Remington has a very short life and are very expensive? I have just started back into shooting and hunting after an absence of 3 years. I am having a Remington 700 ML being converted to smokeless and just bought a 45-70 Buffalo Classic it is being converted to smokeless. I see more right ups for the CVA than I do for the Remington please make up my mind for me. Thanks Lou
I'm a bit confuse here. So let get this straight. You are wanting a Remington Ultimate, or CVA to shoot BH 209 I'm guessing. What really confuses me is, that since you are having a 700 ML action being converted to SML, and H&R 45/70 also being converted to a SML, which once they are done, you can shoot smokeless powder out of them, and BH 209 or whatever other subs you want to shoot out of these guns. So why go thru the expense and buy anything else when you already have two that will do whatever you want. 
Carlos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a1smokepole

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2011-07-08

PostSubject: Re: QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra   January 17th 2016, 4:14 pm

Will said carlos or its like a lays chips you cant have just 1 2 3 4 5 ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ceader savage

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra   January 18th 2016, 4:40 pm

See the deer in the picture above out to 200  yards a old side lock will do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underclocked

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra   January 19th 2016, 12:08 pm

Lou, buy an Accura MR in your chosen config and don't look back.  Be sure to get a Blackhorn plug or two for the rifle.   Carlos will make you a good price even though he's trying to talk you out of spending the money.  Carlos, we don't need that kind of negativity.  Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra   

Back to top Go down

QAccura V2 vs Remington Ultra
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: