Share | 

LHR Redemption/ TC Strike loose powder?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Broknaero

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: LHR Redemption/ TC Strike loose powder?   March 2nd 2016, 3:34 pm

Just picked up a new/old stock LHR. I'm a fan of BH209. Would like to pick up a loose powder breech plug but all online searchs show out of stock. I know the LHR is now the T/C Strike, but can't find anything from T/C either. Anyone have a link for this item in stock?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1647
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: LHR Redemption/ TC Strike loose powder?   March 2nd 2016, 8:34 pm

Hello Broknaero,  I use to own an LHR. You don't need to buy a different breech plug in the LHR to use BH209.  Their BP will handle loose powder or pellets.  Just make sure you are NOT using "muzzleloader" primers.  They aren't hot enough for BH209 and you will have a lot of hang fires. I use CCI Mag shotshell primers but there are several other good brands that will work equally well. 

Let us know how she shoots.

Good luck!

So you want to be a gun maker....do you like filing?  >:^)

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broknaero

PostSubject: Re: LHR Redemption/ TC Strike loose powder?   March 3rd 2016, 7:01 am

Joe,
I use cci mags also. I understand you need a tight fitting bullet. Going to try barnes tmz to start. Thanks for the heads up. I'll run with the BP til I find the loose powder one. The LHR should be delivered today. I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting to see it.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: LHR Redemption/ TC Strike loose powder?   March 3rd 2016, 9:01 am

Try the BP that comes in your rifle first. It will handle BH209.  LHR did have another adapter expressly designed for loose powder that you could order from the company website at the time.  I called them about it and they didn't relay have any available to ship out.  As it turned out, I never needed a different adapter.  You're good to go with the one that comes in the rifle!
Update:
I read some Q & A on the Cabela's web site and a few people mentioned that in the box, the rifle came with a Universal adapter and a loose powder adapter.  So you might not have to look for one.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broknaero

PostSubject: Re: LHR Redemption/ TC Strike loose powder?   March 4th 2016, 5:44 am

Mine came from a dealers shop. Was a display. Beautiful gun very nice walnut, but no extra parts. I will try the standard BP when I have time to get to the range. I assume the externally threaded adapter that holds the BP in just needs to be hand tight?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: LHR Redemption/ TC Strike loose powder?   March 4th 2016, 5:53 am

Yes, hand tight is good.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pooldoc

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-02-12

PostSubject: Re: LHR Redemption/ TC Strike loose powder?   April 27th 2016, 8:29 pm

I bought my Redemption from EA Brown and ordered the loose powder BP from them as well.  They might have one in stock. I found the rifle to be very accurate and easy to clean up. I couldn't adjust the trigger pull to less than 4 lbs. All 3 of my Knights are set at 2 1/2 lb. I had to use extension rings to get my scope back as far as I needed for my old eyes. Well made and solid rifle. If TC doesn't continue to use the Green Mountain barrel I would not buy one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHR Redemption/ TC Strike loose powder?   

Back to top Go down

LHR Redemption/ TC Strike loose powder?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: