Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Very impressed with this powder...........

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3699
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Very impressed with this powder...........   May 22nd 2016, 9:50 am

Very Happy Mad

Yesterday was a good day as well as a bad day for me at the range. I was scheduled to work at the range as range officer at the ML'er range and I wanted to try out Old Enysford powder. Usually this early into the year the ML'er range isn't so busy in the early mornings so I brought along my .58 cal. Everything was going along really great and right after the 5th shot the scouts showed up. Range opened at nine and at 0930 the boys in the brown shirts showed up, almost 40 of those kids ranging from 11 to 17. There went my shooting. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil 
Anyway it was a beautiful day in the low 70's. Light wind from my left to right and a big bright blue sky. I had every intention of comparing OE 2F with Goex 2F. That was not to be so as soon as I can I will do that comparison of the 2 powders with equal charges and distances with the same .570 ball, Jonathan's lube, .015, .018 and if I can get a .020 down the barrel I'll try that also with CCI mag caps.
Here's my 5 shots from yesterday. 
1st shot hit 12 o'clock in the nine. 2nd shot hit to the left of the bull at 9 o'clock and the last 3 shots were right where I wanted them. The only thing I could think happened with those 2 first shots was me being a little anxious or maybe a clean gun. Reason I mentioned that is, I didn't change anything after the 2nd shot.
I was very impressed with OE 2F and will shoot up my Goex and buy OE from now on. All shots were from the 50 yard benches and my charge was 70 grains.

Ray............. t up

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15450
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Very impressed with this powder...........   May 22nd 2016, 12:13 pm

Cant argue with that! Just took a couple shots to warm up. I think thats the best group ive seen you shoot with that rifle yet. I bet that brings a lot more confidence come hunting season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Kentucky Colonel
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1652
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Very impressed with this powder...........   May 22nd 2016, 12:13 pm

That sounds like a very nice morning! 

Nice shooting, btw. It take it you liked the powder?

Were the Scouts there for Black Powder?

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3699
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Very impressed with this powder...........   May 22nd 2016, 12:44 pm

t up
Thanks Jonathan. I think your right. That could be the best yet. I really like that powder. Next week end I'm working again and if I can I am going to do my comparison test if I can and raise the charge to 90 grains and see where I'm at.

Kentucky Colonel, Powder is pretty good and I will continue to use it. Sorry to say, the scouts were there for fun with 22's. A few of them were shooting for their merit badges.

Ray............. :suhlute

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlethcoe

Male Number of posts : 689
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Very impressed with this powder...........   May 22nd 2016, 4:16 pm

Real nice shooting Ray,

Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very impressed with this powder...........   

Back to top Go down

Very impressed with this powder...........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Powder Room-
Jump to: