View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Orlando a Mess   June 12th 2016, 10:58 am

“50 dead in Orlando nightclub terrorism attack, state of emergency declared,” by Orlando Sentinel: “There are 50 dead and 50 more injured in the Orlando nightclub shooting, and Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer has declared a state of emergency for the city and state after Sunday morning's terrorism attack. This is the deadliest mass shooting in the U.S. in at least 30 years. 

This seems to be an act of domestic terrorism. The man was a private security guard from 
Port St. Lucie, Florida."The shooter, who worked in security, according to the family, had active security officer and
 firearms licenses, records show." NBC News

Some local hospitals have gone on 'lock down.' One is reported to have mistakenly believed 
an active shooter had entered the building. Blood drives are seeing lines around the blocks. 
(I was just told they have run out of donation blood bags at some locations) I have just heard the 
Governor has declared a State of Emergency. Things are clearly still evolving.

People on Facebook are desperately trying to find friends and loved ones and using live feeds. 
Shock and anger and outrage are common and it is evolving. Heartbreak is hard to miss.

As I live here, I can state with some authority how upset people really are. Young people were the 
focus of this attack and they know it. They are demanding 'action' even as no one knows what that 
should be and our politicians are already clinging to party lines and neutering themselves- before all 
the facts are even known.

Please, be cautious about how you speak of this? Do not dismiss the victims. Do not dismiss the 
outrage. Let the facts emerge before rushing to opinion? Let's not be salt in anyone's wounds despite 
provocation? I limit myself only to correcting legal facts... (i.e., there are already back ground checks for 
rifles) But, I am treading cautiously as I do not know who has lost- or fear that they have lost- some one close.
(I became involved in what I thought was a normal gun rights discussion before I knew about the shooting. 
Fortunately, I did not goof it up... but, yeah... I was shocked and am shocked. I work with a lot of young 
people who spend time at that club. This ain't theory.)

Thank you and thank you for your prayers. God bless us all.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Orlando a Mess   June 13th 2016, 1:00 pm

Sorry for the double post... 

This is the worst anti-gun backlash I have ever seen. 
People are just frothing at the mouth. They want our guns, now! 
Anybody who does not agree risks pitch forks and torches. 

I get the anger, but nothing they are proposing would have done 
anything to stop the attack. Instead, they seem to be ignoring that, 
determined to use this tragedy to impose unrelated laws that they 
preferred before the attack. And, the ignorance is overwhelming.

It is very upsetting.

NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw

Male Number of posts : 9568
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Orlando a Mess   June 13th 2016, 1:17 pm

I've watched the coverage for about 8 hours. Yes, it's a mess. I don't know how we can stop lone wolfs like this guy in the future?

The best way is to kill everybody in ISIS. Then these lone wolfs won't have anybody to kill and die for.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Orlando a Mess   June 13th 2016, 2:52 pm

Yep, the perp, Omar Mateen recently bought both the weapons used in the attack.   Mateen had undergone at least two extensive FBI investigations after being reported by co-workers and acquaintences.  

The FBI admits that Omar Mateen was radicalized.

Mateen attended the same mosque as the al Nusra  suicide bomber Mohammed Moner Abusalha who blew himself up in Syria.  

Mateen often watched videos of US radical Anwar al Awalki, spokesman for al Queda in Arabia,  who was killed by a drone strike in Yemen.

Prayers for the victims and their loved ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigAl52
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Orlando a Mess   June 14th 2016, 6:48 am

You can pass as many laws as you want and take them all away. If laws are not enforced then there no good. Obama needs to declare war on isis and it would have changed how this would have been handled before this idiot did this. Obama is not doing what he should and is just a chicken shit for a leader. Al

TC Hawken 58 cal Green Mtn drop in barrel
TC Renegade 58 cal
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Orlando a Mess   June 14th 2016, 9:48 am

Suicide in the act of killing infidels is a guarantee to paradise.........we're living in a new world which in part has been around since the middle ages. But we have faced adherents to suicide warfare before with the same kind of zeal and we managed to defeat them.......but we declared war and had to drop two atomic weapons to stop it.

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5417
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Orlando a Mess   June 14th 2016, 12:31 pm

In order to buy a gun, you have to be checked out by the dealer phoning the FBI. If someone is being investigated by the FBI, why would they issue an OK? Doesn't the FBI share information among their own agents? scratch scratch  This doesn't make any friggen sense to me.

Unfortunately, it's the way our federal government does everything, SNAFU is an acronym invented for the way the government works and it's very accurate!

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuinnTheEskimo

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2016-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Orlando a Mess   June 14th 2016, 12:59 pm

@patocazador wrote:
In order to buy a gun, you have to be checked out by the dealer phoning the FBI. If someone is being investigated by the FBI, why would they issue an OK? Doesn't the FBI share information among their own agents? scratch scratch  This doesn't make any friggen sense to me.

Unfortunately, it's the way our federal government does everything, SNAFU is an acronym invented for the way the government works and it's very accurate!

I think it's because he was no longer under investigation when he went through the background check, he'd been cleared and the investigation was over. It is all a little sketchy at this point however.

Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Orlando a Mess   June 14th 2016, 6:02 pm

Report from Orlando:

Well, it ain't any easier or less emotional here. 

We did know one of the victims. He was a student at University of Central Florida. 
We think. His is a common name. He had graduated. We can not find any confirmation 
if this Perez is the same one as ours. What do you pray for in a situation like that? It is 
someone's son on that list. So, hoping it's not someone you know seems... selfish.

The university seems convinced that students lost people in this. They have sent out emergency 
counseling material to it's employees. I have seen it. It is a bit sparse: like a handing a layman a 
'How To' manual for an appendectomy and walking away.

Vigils are scheduled and cancelled and scheduled again. The city requested that no large vigils 
be done because they felt their police and emergency resources were stretched too thin at this time. 
They requested that people participate in smaller, spread out vigils. They have cited fears of 'copy cat' 
attackers who would target larger events.

It is raining hard here so I doubt large crowds will be gathered now.

I was at The Armories gun shop today. We had a photo shoot for the GRRW rifle kit scheduled. We 
were almost cancelled- Would have been if I had picked up the phone in time. The manager called and 
said that he and his staff were overwhelmed: customers were standing three deep waiting for service to 
buy guns. 

So, people are apparently either screaming to make guns illegal or they are buying them like hot cakes. 
It is a little surreal. 

The shoot went well. Hattie and Herb were a lot of fun. Hattie is half the age of the box she is unpacking. 
We got the shoot done during a short, surprising lull that did not last. They made room for us. Good folks 
at The Armories. It was nice to do something fun. 

NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlando a Mess   

Back to top Go down

Orlando a Mess
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1