Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

.45 T/C Black Diamond

Go down 
AuthorMessage
QuinnTheEskimo

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2016-05-21

.45 T/C Black Diamond Empty
PostSubject: .45 T/C Black Diamond   .45 T/C Black Diamond EmptyJuly 29th 2016, 6:06 pm

I had some time this afternoon so I thought I'd run to the range for awhile.  I bought the Black Diamond back when they first came out, hunted with it for a few years, killed a couple deer, then replaced it with break-open guns.  I remember now why it's been in my gunsafe for most of the last ten years.  
I decided to sight in in with open sights, that's how I hunted with it the first year I had it.  I hate the fiber optic sights and now remember why I put a scope on it.

I was going to shoot it at 75 yards but after looking at the target I moved it back to 50.  It shoots ok at 50, but I don't care for how much of the target is covered up at that distance by the front sight. 

I'd put a scope back on it but it's really awkward trying to get a primer in and the remains of a primer out after a shot.  Anyway, it's good enough to kill a deer out to 75 yards without any problem, which is about what I'll shoot anyway. 

.45 T/C Black Diamond Image_zpsqckxio7i

I don't know what happened with that low one. I don't know how big the bullseye is, 3/4" maybe?
I was shooting 90 grains of Pyrodex RS, 195 grain Barnes MZ with a Win 209 primer. 5 shots at 50 yards. 
.45 T/C Black Diamond Image_zpsdtpever0

Male Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2014-01-22

PostSubject: Re: .45 T/C Black Diamond   .45 T/C Black Diamond EmptyAugust 4th 2016, 6:37 am

I've killed deer out to 150 yds. with 2-3 different Black Diamonds I've had all were exceptionally accurate.. head shot a bunch of deer with them out to 75 yds all were with scopes and the 240 gr. Hornady 240 gr. XTP with 90-100 gr. pyrodex RS .
Back to top Go down
JIMYJAC

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2015-07-15

PostSubject: Re: .45 T/C Black Diamond   .45 T/C Black Diamond EmptyAugust 19th 2016, 6:40 pm

Love my black diamond!
Back to top Go down

.45 T/C Black Diamond
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: The Shooting Range-
Jump to: