Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Todays results with the Perdersoli .45 Kentucky Pistols.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3701
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Todays results with the Perdersoli .45 Kentucky Pistols.   August 7th 2016, 4:14 pm

I was really enjoying sighting in one of the pistols today. A lot of filing was needed. Here's the pic.

You can only see 3 shots low left but there were 6 down in that area. After the first 3 shots that you can't see I started filing the front sight. Next 3 shots were higher but I realized there was a long way to go. I stopped shooting and filed for about 15 mins. When I shot again the ball hit at 9 0'clock outside the black. Now I trapped the rear sight and I trapped it to hard because the next 2 shots were at 2 0'clock in the white. I trapped the rear sight back a little and wound up in the black. I stopped filing and tapping at this point and left the sights a lone. The hole at the top and at 5 o'clock was made by the guy next to me. I only shot 15 balls at the target.
My load consisted of 20 grains of Old Eynsford 2F, .015 patch with anti rust and lube, .440 Hornady ball and CCI P/C's. All shots were from the 25 yard bench and I did swab the barrel after every 3rd shot with a patch that I was chewing and I did shoot from a rest. As it turned out, I filed off an 8th of and inch off the front sight to get the lead balls where I wanted them. Next time if I can, I'll get the other pistol sighted in or at least file off and 8th off of that front sight to save time.
Season is getting close gents. cheers cheers

Ray............... t up

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Todays results with the Perdersoli .45 Kentucky Pistols.   August 7th 2016, 4:53 pm

Wow! Super good with a pistol...well done!

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Todays results with the Perdersoli .45 Kentucky Pistols.   August 7th 2016, 7:04 pm

Sighting in pistols can try my patience. Shoot, file. Shoot, file. Shoot and file some more. But, it has to be done and you have done a fine job.
Ron

hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3701
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Todays results with the Perdersoli .45 Kentucky Pistols.   August 7th 2016, 7:19 pm

Thanks gents........

Ray

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeager106

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2017-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Todays results with the Perdersoli .45 Kentucky Pistols.   July 22nd 2017, 8:40 pm

I've never used Old Eynsford.
I have some Goex, a few pounds of Elephant and a LOT of Swiss in 2 and 3 f g and a pound
or so of 4 fg pan powder.
Old Eynsford is made by Goex or so I've read.
Is it better than Goex?

Find ground sand would be better than Goex.
I put Goex a notch above Pyrodex crap.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14522
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Todays results with the Perdersoli .45 Kentucky Pistols.   July 22nd 2017, 8:57 pm

Its a lot more powerful than goex. Its comparable to swiss. A little cleaner than goex, although I never had any issues with goex fouling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays results with the Perdersoli .45 Kentucky Pistols.   

Back to top Go down

Todays results with the Perdersoli .45 Kentucky Pistols.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading :: Black Powder Hand Guns-
Jump to: