HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Old Smoke

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2016-01-28

PostSubject: Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks   August 17th 2016, 8:40 am

Looking at pics, they are clearly diferent.  The Optima V2 appears not have much less drop at the cheek weld than the Accura V2 TH.  Looks like it drops considerable more, like maybe 1 1/2" or so.

It'd be nice to ever been in a place with both rifles side by side with scopes already mounted. Never seems to happen!

Anybody have a problem shooting either one for this reason?

I know: If you look back a few threads I've been dancing all around buying a CVA for the last 10 months. I'll get to it eventually!
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks   August 17th 2016, 9:02 am

The Optima TH stock is made for a scope only. The Accura TH is a compromise and can use a scope or open sights.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks   August 17th 2016, 11:14 am

Old Smoke wrote:

I know: If you look back a few threads I've been dancing all around buying a CVA for the last 10 months. I'll get to it eventually!
lol!

Heck, the dance is half the fun. Take your time.

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks   August 17th 2016, 11:21 am

Oh the good old days....when folks were trying to make CVA Mountain rifles look more like original Hawken rifles. Laughing

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks   August 17th 2016, 12:40 pm

lighthorseman wrote:
Oh the good old days....when folks were trying to make CVA Mountain rifles look more like original Hawken rifles. Laughing
Yea, I hear ya Doug!  Love those earlier days, especially since I could acutally see to use irons.  Not so much today.  Past 50 yards it's either a scope or a miss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks   August 17th 2016, 1:22 pm

I'm the same way. Isn't 50 yds far enough? I was down to 30yds with a muzzleloader. Getting close is fun. pirat

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks   August 17th 2016, 1:31 pm

When I took my physical exam for the Postal Service at age 26 I was told I had the sharpest eye site the nurse testing me had seen in 30 years.......today a mere shadow of myself, I have difficulty not seeing long distances but getting past the fuzzy blur between the rear site and the front blade.......but since having started hunting with a muzzleloader in the 70's the goal was always to get a close as possible........what was hunting to me in my definition of "hunting with a muzzleloader". t up

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks   August 17th 2016, 2:11 pm

Muley wrote:
I'm the same way. Isn't 50 yds far enough? I was down to 30yds with a muzzleloader. Getting close is fun. pirat
yep close is fun. A challenge taboot. But some of my spots need a 75 to 150 yard capable shooter.   It mostly depends on my mood that day whether I go with irons or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks   August 17th 2016, 2:28 pm

Don't use those spots. pirat

That way you aren't tempted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks   

Back to top Go down

Butt stock on Opimtas and Accuras: TH Buttstocks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: