Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader?   anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader? Empty2016-10-12, 07:12

What do they weigh? I'm interested.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader?   anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader? Empty2016-10-12, 08:52

I bought some Hornady Great Plains 385gr bullets. I'll see how they do. The gun has 1-28 twist and only weighs 6 1/2lbs. Open sights restricts me to 50-60yds. I'm thinking 75-80gr of 2F should work for a cow elk.

I wanted to shoot the 460gr NoExcuses, but they were way too loose in the bore. Paper patching might have worked.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader?   anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader? Empty2016-10-12, 10:02

I knurled the hell out of them. The problem is it's such soft lead (pure lead) that the knurling compresses too easily and they're still too loose when they get to the powder.

What's needed is they should have been sized/cast bigger, but all he offers is the one size of .503. That would be fine with a harder material, but not soft lead.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader?   anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader? Empty2016-10-12, 10:38

I should have tried it when I still had them. I'm hoping the 385gr coming will work now. They're pretty cheap to buy, so i'm hoping they work.

Back to top Go down

anybody interested in paperpatching lead bullets for the inline muzzleloader?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: