I'll bite on politics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 11th 2016, 3:00 pm

"According to PrivCo, and money.CNN, the Trump Organization has more than 22,450 employees and brought in $9.5 billion in annual revenue last year."

Of course the Federal Gov. which is the darling of the far left employs far more...but is also currently $20 Trillion in debt!

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw

Male Number of posts : 9568
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 11th 2016, 3:19 pm

Did they get that info from Trump's family? They sure didn't get it from his tax records.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 11th 2016, 3:39 pm

Since it was a CNN source.... I thought is was slanted enough to the left to be acceptable to you....but I'm done now. cowyboy hatoff

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 11th 2016, 3:52 pm

I'm not a fan of any of the political channels. I may watch now and then to watch speeches and interviews. That way I don't have to take an opinion from someone else. I see what is being said by the candidates.

Doesn't matter much anymore. We're stuck with Trump. I can only hope he surrounds himself with the proper people who guide him and he doesn't make too many decisions on his own.

Then again he told us he knows more than all the generals, so I have little hope he'll listen to anybody.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 11th 2016, 4:31 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 11th 2016, 4:36 pm

I knew you'd come back. tongue

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 12th 2016, 7:00 am

This is one of the reasons I worried about Trump and it may come true.

DONALD TRUMP CAMPAIGNED on protecting Social Security. At the Miami GOP presidential debate in March, he said he would “do everything within my power not to touch Social Security, to leave it the way it is; to make this country rich again.” In August, his campaign told CNNMoney that “We will not cut Medicare or Social Security benefits, but protect them both.”

But two of the people said to be helming the president-elect’s Social Security Administration (SSA) transition team have a record of hostility to the program.

In an email obtained by The Intercept, unions representing Social Security employees reported that they had been notified of the names of four SSA veterans who were picked to run the transition team.

They are Mike Korbey, former senior advisor to the principal deputy commissioner in George W. Bush’s SSA; former Reagan SSA commissioner Dorcas Hardy; former SSA Inspector General Patrick O’Carroll; and former SSA General Counsel David Black.

Korbey is a long-time right-wing activist who has argued incorrectly that Social Security is “broken and bankrupt.” He worked for an organization called United Seniors Association, a sort of conservative counterpart to the AARP, that pushed for George W. Bush’s Social Security privatization scheme — and was hired by Bush to help tout his failed push for changes.

Dorcas Hardy, a Reagan administration SSA veteran, has also called for privatizing the program — in 1995, she took part in a press conference at the libertarian Cato Institute to advocate for that idea.

The SSA cannot unilaterally privatize the program. That takes legislation that Congress has to pass and the president has to sign. But if these are indeed the people the Trump administration is picking to helm the SSA, it’s a signal that he may be far more open to cutting benefits or privatizing the program than he let on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erkie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 12th 2016, 10:04 am

Hillary is a lying, unapologetic criminal and Trump is an egotistical jackass.  Plain and simple.  That said, I voted based on who will be nominated to the scotus.  That will determine where our country is headed for generations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 12th 2016, 10:11 am

You forgot that Trump is a criminal too. He's being sued for fraud and he broke the Cuban embargo. I'm sure there's lot's more if we dig deeper in his past.

Sure would like to see his tax returns.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14683
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 12th 2016, 10:19 am

broke the cuban embargo? shoot, that's terrible! Thats worse than hilliary having every available means of fire power right at hand and not using it to protect American lives.

"I voted based on who will be nominated to the scotus. That will determine where our country is headed for generations."

I am someone finally mentioned this! Very true. We would have to put up with a system filled with left wings.

And then you have the rainbow crowd. Don't they realize democrats only support them when its election time? Obama didn't support them until it was time to get elected fort he second time.

As for all the hollywood stars that said they would leave the country if trump was elected. It seems now those democrats are changing their word and staying. DAMN! I was really looking forward to getting rid of Whoopi. These are all big ass mouth talkers but when it comes time to back it up, they turn cowards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Bear Claw

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 12th 2016, 10:27 am

She wasn't president during Benghazi. It's wasn't all her fault.

Let's wait to see how Trump does. He may end up in so much trouble he'll make Hillary look like a saint.

He's already backstepping on what he said during the election and he'not even president yet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14683
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 12th 2016, 10:36 am

NOT HER FAULT! Holy shit pete Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Bear Claw

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 12th 2016, 10:41 am

I said not all her fault. She accepted responsibility. It doesn't mean she was the only one at fault.

If she was guilty of a crime she would have been charged. I'll use Nixon and his cabinet as an example of nobody being above the law. Republicans will try to convince you differently, but they're as full of shit as everybody else in Washington.

Answer my PM.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 12th 2016, 11:47 am

I sat with my ballot and tried my best not to vomit about my choices. In Hillary, we had a conniving, sly, power-hungry woman who kissed the butts of Black Lives Matter and other fringe minority groups, desperate to garner their votes.
In Trump, we had a buffoon who took pride in his ignorance and lied at every opportunity. He would say something one day and claim he never said it the next.
My vote was given based on the issue of the Supreme Court vacancy and future, possible vacancies. But I had to suck up all the negatives that went beyond the Supreme Court issue.
I despised Trump for his insults about McCain; his being a draft dodger during Vietnam; his claim that he knows better than anyone else.
I couldn't stand Hillary with her refusal to answer questions about the emails; her pandering to the minority communities in order to get votes; her disrespect for police and police lives.
The Benghazi issue didn't trouble me in the least. There are several volumes from her questioning in Congress, 100s and 100s of pages, and the Republican Congress could find nothing to pin on her. None of these investigations has produced any evidence of criminal malfeasance. How many of you have read the 307 pages of the transcripts? I have. You can get them here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1MK_8G2uKyfZ1RFOEM2czJLWlE/view . And, compare Benghazi to the 239 Marines and Soldiers killed in Lebanon under Reagan.
Dakota Woods, a former Marine Corps officer, said of the Marine barracks bombing that it was a case of politics trumping practicality. “There was a strong political imperative to avoid looking too hostile or aggressive,” Woods said, “so Marines on guard duty were prohibited from having their weapons in a ready-to-fire condition.”
Reagan and his senior staff ignored warnings about the unrest in Beirut. There were more than enough opportunities to lay blame for the huge toll of lives lost at high U.S. officials’ feet, but congressmen did not talk of impeaching Ronald Reagan … nor were any subpoenas sent to cabinet members. Early investigations found that requests for additional security by Ambassador Stevens and another official in Libya were ignored.
That is why I didn't consider the Libya issue in my decision.

Ron

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   November 12th 2016, 12:54 pm

Beirut was an international  show the flag extravaganza.   Reagan got several passes on blunders including the Iran-Contra scandal. 

The US embassy in Beirut bombed on Reagan's watch with a loss of 17 US lives.  

BTW:  One of the former SEALS killed in Benghazi, Glen Doherty, had been home on vacation.  He sat before ABC cameras telling the world what he was doing in Benghazi.   According to some special operations folks that interview may have caused the attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll bite on politics   

Back to top Go down

I'll bite on politics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: