Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Blown Scope ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clyde

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Blown Scope ? Empty
PostSubject: Blown Scope ?   Blown Scope ? EmptyNovember 27th 2016, 11:11 am

Folks I was at the range today with my Traditions Deerhunter topped with a 3x9 scope Black  MZ powder at 90 gr and 260 Gr PT golds  the only thing I was changing was from 209 ignition to No 11 caps.

First two fouling shots were dead on at 50 yds.  Went out to 100 first shot 4 inches low.  Dialed in 8 clicks up group came up 2 inches centered horizontally 3 shots at 2 inches.  Dialed up 3 clicks group now 1-1.5 inches below POA and centered group about 2 inches .   Moved sights up 2 inches and the fun starts rounds are now 3-4 inches high checked my bases and rings checked myself.  Dialed down 3 clicks first shot down about  3 inches to the previous group next 2 shots one straight up again 3 inches high one high and right about 3 inches ( could have been a 12-17 mph gust).  This last group is what I got for the next 15 rounds.  In the end if you looked at my target I have an almost straight vertical line.  I had a few to the right which I can explain with the gusting winds.  

As the load was a proven load  and we were sailing along till I put that last elevation adjustment I am wondering if this 12 yr scope is shot.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16164
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Blown Scope ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blown Scope ?   Blown Scope ? EmptyNovember 27th 2016, 11:59 am

Could very well be the scope from the stringing effect you saw happening. Did you keep the bore clean during the sight in?
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Clyde

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Blown Scope ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blown Scope ?   Blown Scope ? EmptyNovember 27th 2016, 12:33 pm

Yes swabbed between every shot compressed the powder .  I just looked again at my target I put a maximum of 19 clicks or 4 in.5 inches but I moved the group about 12 inches from the top of the deer shoulder to its back absolutely straight the last time I had something like this I replaced the scope on my Traditions Lightening
Back to top Go down
jeager106

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2017-07-17

Blown Scope ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blown Scope ?   Blown Scope ? EmptySeptember 22nd 2017, 11:02 pm

Did I miss what brand scope sight? It matters.
Back to top Go down

Blown Scope ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Optics-
Jump to: