Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

3 Deer. 3 Misfires. With BH209! Question.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mebits

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2014-03-18

3 Deer. 3 Misfires. With BH209! Question. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Deer. 3 Misfires. With BH209! Question.   3 Deer. 3 Misfires. With BH209! Question. - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2017, 8:26 am

In fairness, I was told that a dirty flash channel will cause misfires and hangfires. I had a filthy flash channel due to, really, stupidity (and assumptions), and perhaps a tiny bit of laziness on my part. Maybe old eyes, too, not seeing how much carbon I had in there.

I'm never had any problem until last winter's "wet incident" and I can't say that I didn't have a dirty flash channel then, either. I have been very lax with that cleaning--mostly because in my pea brain, I was thinking in terms of actual shots through the gun not shot primers, which I've begun doing more rigorously. I counted W209 primers shot and there were 35 of them. Add the Fiocchi's and I shot a lot of primers through the gun without registering that that was fouling my BP. .

When I cleaned that flash channel out, I got enough carbon to fill the whole channel and primer pocket up, and then some!

I think I gotta give the BH209 the benefit of the doubt.

M
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: 3 Deer. 3 Misfires. With BH209! Question.   3 Deer. 3 Misfires. With BH209! Question. - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2017, 7:03 pm

Cottonmouths smell like a brim bed .. real fishy. (For you Yankees, brim are bluegill, sunfish, warmouths, etc.)

That fishy smell has kept me from being bitten several times.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
hunting savage

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2014-05-03

PostSubject: Re: 3 Deer. 3 Misfires. With BH209! Question.   3 Deer. 3 Misfires. With BH209! Question. - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2017, 8:01 am

DRILL OUT PLUG WITH #55 DRILL USE BLACK POWDER OR 777
Back to top Go down
csitas

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2017-08-26

PostSubject: Re: 3 Deer. 3 Misfires. With BH209! Question.   3 Deer. 3 Misfires. With BH209! Question. - Page 2 EmptyNovember 21st 2017, 8:42 pm

Yup. everything that shines ,is not always real gold. That's why I recommend ,and stick with , the real thing.But , even with a hang fire , if your doing your job, it should still draw blood.I hang around some hot flinchlock shooters. You won't put these fellows down with a simple hanger.Learn what follow through is. You can have this with a perc. gun also ,so learn how to shoot what you have.Shoot, shoot , shoot, that's how you learn what you have. Try to make troubles, and learn.I'm not putting anyone down, been there myself , down that, that's why I'm trying to help you and save you the heart break. A person don't get that many chance's , it's a shame to waste them.
Back to top Go down

3 Deer. 3 Misfires. With BH209! Question.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: