Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16111
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle   Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle EmptyDecember 23rd 2016, 2:26 pm

Well, I decided to get a little more accuracy info. I warmed up the rifle and my self with  simple patched round ball shooting, shot at 50 yards using .490" ball, .020" patches LIGHTLY lubed with my anti rust lube, 70 & 80gr jim shockeys gold super powder. 7 shots total, zero swabbing, no hard spots to push through, just like it was a clean bore each time I loaded up
Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle Img_8417

Made a  switch over to conicals and yes, these 385gr hornady great plains bullets did require a short starter, but after that, super easy to go down the bore. I used 80gr Jim Shockeys Gold super powder with these bullets and it was like having a mule kick you. Terrible for range comfort but would make a beautiful hunting load.
Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle Img_8418

First 3 shots
Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle Img_8419

5 shots total.
Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle Img_8416

For you guys, I wore eye protection this time around.
Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle Img_8420

The Traditions Mountain Rifle has handled every projectile that I have tried, including REAL bullets, perfectly and accurately to use for hunting season.

I do prefer though round balls however! You can shoot all day long without the fear of a sore cheek or upper arm. Plus they are accurate and super cheap to buy or even better, cast your self!
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
TXAg85

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle   Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle EmptyDecember 29th 2016, 6:21 am

Thanks for the write-up! I just got a Mountain Rifle for Christmas and cannot wait to try it. Sounds like I had better stick to shooting round balls for a while. Great advice here.
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1542
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle   Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle EmptyDecember 29th 2016, 7:05 am

That's some great shooting there.
Back to top Go down

Conical Accuracy Test - Traditions Mountain Rifle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: The Shooting Range-
Jump to: