HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pistol Powder Displayed With Muzzleloader Powder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Pistol Powder Displayed With Muzzleloader Powder    December 27th 2016, 5:28 pm

Day before Christmas my son and i went to the Gander Mountain store in Cypress, TX.  i wanted to buy smokeless powder and Black MZ.  Store had a very poor selection of smokeless powder.   Went to the muzzleloader section.  First thing i noticed  was several cans of Hodgdon HP 38 pistol powder sitting right there with the JSG, Pyrodex and Triple Seven.   HP 38 is quite capable of making a frag grenade of any muzzleloader.  Took a can of the HP 38 powder and gave it to the counter person who did not seem to understand.   On the way home my son called the store manager.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14683
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Powder Displayed With Muzzleloader Powder    December 27th 2016, 5:41 pm

headslap that's because they hire folks that have no knowledge of the products they sell or how to use them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Old Smoke

Male Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2016-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Powder Displayed With Muzzleloader Powder    December 27th 2016, 8:16 pm

You may have saved a life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jotjackson
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2015-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Powder Displayed With Muzzleloader Powder    December 27th 2016, 9:47 pm

Dangerous situation, smart move by you and your son. You probably saved a newbie's life. 
Thanks!

patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5410
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Powder Displayed With Muzzleloader Powder    December 28th 2016, 1:54 pm

The counter people at Bass Pro know almost nothing about ammo, primers, powder, or bullets. If it pertains to reloading or muzzleloading, you are the expert not the employee.

I assume Gander Mountain and Bass Pro employees are comparable in their lack of knowledge.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roaddog

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2016-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Powder Displayed With Muzzleloader Powder    December 29th 2016, 5:55 am

Yep they are the same.Coleman gass and Pirodex next to each other on the same self. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Powder Displayed With Muzzleloader Powder    December 29th 2016, 11:11 am

This is why I go to a local gun shop where one of the counter guys shows at muzzleloader gatherings and Rendezvous. I can trust his advice given his long experience in the black powder community. In fact, he sold me my first, good, traditional muzzle loading rifle.
Ron

mark1945

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2015-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Powder Displayed With Muzzleloader Powder    December 30th 2016, 9:39 am

You get the same Expertise at Academy if its not printed on the box they have no clue. Im not real sure some of them can read very well. At the Cabelas in Buda Tx I have been surprised they have several who have at least a good basic knowledge of firearms and also reloading.

Cabelas 58 cal Hawken             Colt Navy 36 cal                     Pietta 1863 Remington pocket rev 31 cal
Pedersoli Kodiak 58 cal             CVA 58 Cal. Mountain Rifle      Classic Arms Co 44 Cal New Orleans Ace
CVA 45 Cal Derringer               TC Renegade 54cal                 Navy Arms Co. Pietta 12 gauge double
Pedersoli 12 gauge double        Traditions Crockett 32 cal        2 Traditions Mountain Rifles 50 cal
Pietta 1851 Conf Navy 44
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Powder Displayed With Muzzleloader Powder    

Back to top Go down

Pistol Powder Displayed With Muzzleloader Powder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: