Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

My next range trip...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
flint head

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: My next range trip...   January 9th 2017, 1:19 pm

I'm going to sight in a new powder and Powerbelt. This past deer season I killed a cow horn with two White Hot's and a 250 grain Aerolite... which worked great by the way! I have several packs of 270 grain Platinum's and a couple of cans of Black MZ,,, so 110 to 120 grains of Black MZ and the 270's are my plan... I have tried to shoots these bullets at lower powder charges without a lot of success,,, 1.75 to 2.5" groups were the norm. The good news is I think these 270 Platinum's want to be pushed fast and another good thing is I think they are going to have a lot of on game "shock" DRT potential. I hope I can get my Accura to shoot this combo around 1" to 1.5".

The ladder stand that I hunted deer from this year has a big natural spring about 50 yards away... the hogs have it torn up in there and the farmer will be planting corn this summer so I should have some pork to test this load on soon! pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huntin_Dawg1215

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: My next range trip...   January 9th 2017, 7:22 pm

I shot those 270 grain Platinums with 70 grains of Pyrodex. Shot them from a New Englander. They shot well, but now shooting a 245 grain Powerbelt they shoot better. Never shot any game with them just paper.  They should put the smack down on something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muzzle-loader

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2014-05-01

PostSubject: Re: My next range trip...   January 10th 2017, 12:54 pm

I can attest to the accuracy of the 270 grain Platinum's. I would say that you should easily find yourself with a 1.5" group or better with trying some different loads of loose powder. I would recommend trying Blackhorn 209, with 110grains by volume. That has been the best combination that I have found for that bullet and gun combination. 

Good luck, and keep us posted on your next range trip, as well on the hogs!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.muzzle-loaders.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My next range trip...   

Back to top Go down

My next range trip...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: