Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

CVA MSSOURI

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clyde

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2011-11-27

CVA MSSOURI Empty
PostSubject: CVA MSSOURI   CVA MSSOURI EmptyThu 12 Jan - 20:07

WELL I DID IT FOR 165 FROM DEER CREEK I FIGURED HOW COULD I GO WRONG.  SO FAR IT LOOKS VERY PROMISING.  THE ONLY THING I'M NOT TOW FOUND OF IS THE REAR SIGHT IT IS A SMALL ADJUSTABLE .  THE ISSUE IS THE ELEVATION IS MOSTLY ADJUSTED BY TWO SCREWS AND SLIDING A LITTLE PIECE OF SHEET METAL UP OR DOWN.  ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A REPLACEMENT IT IS DOVETAILED IN SO ITS NOT A CHEAPIE TWO SCREW SIGHT.

LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MADE IN 1989 IF I CAN GO BY THE SERIAL NUMBER
Back to top Go down
JLBSparks

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2015-03-04

CVA MSSOURI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CVA MSSOURI   CVA MSSOURI EmptyThu 12 Jan - 22:43

I had a CVA Missouri Ranger in the late '80s. Dark brown wood, black furniture. and a rubber butt pad. I don't remember the sights, but I think the twist was 1-66".
I raffled it off at work and bought my CVA Kentucky Hunter. Pissed off my son. He really liked the rubber butt pad. 25+ years later and he still has never bought a gun with a brass buttplate.

-Joe
Back to top Go down
Clyde

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2011-11-27

CVA MSSOURI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CVA MSSOURI   CVA MSSOURI EmptyFri 13 Jan - 18:18

I may have really lucked out on this one the barrel is at least a 1 in 48 but based on testing with a patch and ramrod could be 1 in 38.  I've never seen a lock like this its a single trigger but everything is protected I hope a good cleaning and lube will help smooth it out.
Back to top Go down

CVA MSSOURI
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: