Four Dog-killing Cougars killed by Montana FWP Wardens

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5417
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Four Dog-killing Cougars killed by Montana FWP Wardens   January 18th 2017, 2:12 pm

A female cougar and her 3 cubs killed 2 dogs near Missoula so the FWP wardens killed them. If it had been the feds, it would have taken 3 years of court orders and BS to probably fine the dog owners.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/18/mountain-lions-killed-after-mauling-2-dogs-in-montana.html

Fortunately, there are very few cougars (called Florida panthers down here) in my area. They are mostly young males trying to establish new territories.
They kill a lot of goats and some calves in south Florida but they decimate the deer population down there.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Four Dog-killing Cougars killed by Montana FWP Wardens   January 18th 2017, 2:44 pm

We had a big cat on the ranch this year which probably spooked most of the deer onto private land parcels, where dogs and people would likely pressure the lion to stay on the relative quiet of the ranch. ..........yes they are deadly on deer. Where the wolves seem to do more damage on the elk.

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Four Dog-killing Cougars killed by Montana FWP Wardens   January 18th 2017, 3:20 pm

i've seen several cougars at a distance and one up close.   Several years ago i was tracking a wounded hog down a ravine.   Looked up to see a big male cougar sitting on the bank  about 20 yards away switching his tail and licking his face.   Immediately put a 240 grain XTP bullet in his chest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old and grumpy

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Four Dog-killing Cougars killed by Montana FWP Wardens   January 22nd 2017, 1:08 pm

Fine Looking Hollywood Cougars.

This is how we do big cats in Los Angeles.This is close to the Hollywood Blvd walk of fame. P22 eats koalas  at the LA Zoo.

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/official-cougar-has-left-crawl-space-13500243

Animal control had to go under the house to find him. Got this picture.

mountain lion a.jpg (43.1 kB, 670x377 - viewed 110 times.)

P22s neighborhood. He got lunch. Fine dinning in Los Angeles.

_71510567_puma22.jpg (36.23 kB, 624x351 - viewed 696 times.)

mountainlion_photo1.jpg (84.26 kB, 570x306 - viewed 1444 times.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lighthorseman

Male Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2016-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Four Dog-killing Cougars killed by Montana FWP Wardens   January 22nd 2017, 1:43 pm

Wake up Colorado hunters, the animal rights folks will target lion hunting......as California goes....so goes the nation.

One page of history is worth more than a book of logic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5417
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Four Dog-killing Cougars killed by Montana FWP Wardens   January 31st 2017, 11:31 am

@lighthorseman wrote:
Wake up Colorado hunters, the animal rights folks will target lion hunting......as California goes....so goes the nation.

Not quite. California overwhelmingly voted for Hillary.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Dog-killing Cougars killed by Montana FWP Wardens   

Back to top Go down

Four Dog-killing Cougars killed by Montana FWP Wardens
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: