Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Pyrodex RS in the St.Louis Hawken

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16111
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Pyrodex RS in the St.Louis Hawken Empty
PostSubject: Pyrodex RS in the St.Louis Hawken   Pyrodex RS in the St.Louis Hawken EmptyFebruary 15th 2017, 2:55 pm

Beautiful day and I figured I better do a little shooting.

I don't really use Pyrodex much anymore, but still have plenty of it in stock as its  a good performing power and always has been for me.

I loaded up 80gr Pyrodex RS, .020" patches and .490" round ball and headed over to my 50 yard range.

First shot was dead on the money! Shots 2 and 3 were very close to each other and shot #4 had a slight hang fire as I am using the factory nipple. On a fouled bore, accuracy looks to be promising, just need to order a new knight redhot nipple to fix those hang fires and we'll see in good shape.

Just 4 shots, I later took the dog for a walk and didn't want to walk around on an empty barrel.
Pyrodex RS in the St.Louis Hawken Img_8710

Patch from today,
Pyrodex RS in the St.Louis Hawken Img_8712

Older patch that melted into the snow and was cleaned in the process. Just a good look at the weave of the patch and how it holds up.
Pyrodex RS in the St.Louis Hawken Img_8711

Last edited by FrontierGander on February 20th 2017, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3615
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Pyrodex RS in the St.Louis Hawken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrodex RS in the St.Louis Hawken   Pyrodex RS in the St.Louis Hawken EmptyFebruary 17th 2017, 8:02 am

NICE string FG  :rtup
Pyrodex was my first loose powder...great for making smoke! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Pyrodex RS in the St.Louis Hawken
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: The Shooting Range-
Jump to: